• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 16lbers in one sitting.

I suspect there are two distinct camps....
Those that fish for Barbel most of the time, and feel that the trio of 16's is the pinnacle...
And those that fish for lost of different species, that realise the magnificence of a brace of 9lb Eels.....

That brace of 5lb Perch isn't bad either...:eek:

Steve

I don't buy mags /weeklies any more so not up on current catches but if someone has caught a brace of 9lb Eels then thats not just the catch of the season its one of the catches of the century !

Have you taken into account that the second one might have been a recapture?;)

But...you have both wasted money by buying the offending comic, whereas I have not. Of course it will not have escaped your notice that by adopting this morally superior stance....I am now left with no way of discovering whether any of my tackle is on said list.

Of course....I am not in any way bothered by this position I find myself in, far from it.

Could you put up the list for me, pretty please :eek:

WHAT?

Cheers, Dave :D

Made I laff :p

But you can always follow the linky think on the Interweb it has an array of superior tackle used by the sponsored few, I have not one bit of my worthless collection on there needless to say. :(

I suspect there are two distinct camps....
Those that fish for Barbel most of the time, and feel that the trio of 16's is the pinnacle...
And those that fish for lost of different species, that realise the magnificence of a brace of 9lb Eels.....

That brace of 5lb Perch isn't bad either...:eek:

Steve

Well I don't know, but for me 3 16lb barbel I wouldn't swap for 2 eels and 10lb of Perch no way , but might be tempted to trade two 4lb Roach. ;)

9 lb brace of eels, is a brillant catch , in anybodies book,

Ade's post made me chuckle too but i'm so into the christmas spirit i forgot to quote it with a smiley thing! :) remembered this time

Funny isn't it - how many of us don't buy the weeklies these days because we're of the opinion they are full of trash, product placement and advertising etc - i'm one of them! Yet most of us were probably quite shocked at that brace - i certainly was. Not much difference from the daily rags - generally full of **** but one or two pieces will be of interest - worth buying? Not sure about that - could i live withought the knowledge that such a brace had been landed - yes. Am i better off for knowing that it has been done? Yes!

I have the AT every week, it's only £1 delivered on subscription and when I've read it I use it to line the guinea pig hutch.
You will be surprised just how much decent stuff there is in it, some of the match stuff is very enlightening.

I have the AT every week, it's only £1 delivered on subscription and when I've read it I use it to line the guinea pig hutch.
You will be surprised just how much decent stuff there is in it, some of the match stuff is very enlightening.

Ah the march of progress. Once it would have been torn into squares and hung in the outdoor privy...now we have guinea pigs to cr@p on things for us :D

Seriously though, I agree with you Ade, between the dross, there are some gems. I don't pay for the AT...but I do read it occasionally :D

Cheers, Dave.

Ah the march of progress. Once it would have been torn into squares and hung in the outdoor privy...

Cheers, Dave.

I used to do that Dave but found the print would transfer onto your bum.
I once had the gurning face of a single species groups chairman on my bum for three days.
My Mrs said it was most off putting to see it jiggling about as I stood at the on suite sink cleaning my teeth. :D

Back