• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3 16lbers in one sitting.

Nigel Bryans

Had an amazing short 2hr session after work this evening.Arrived at the river to find it just within its banks.Found a nice slack area and dropped a lump of meat in it.Ten minutes later,wollop,fish on.It went 16lb on the scales.Very happy bunny.There was still some daylight left so had another go in the same swim.Half an hour later,wollop.Another one in the net.This one went 16lb 8oz.Thought i was dreaming.And get this it happened again.Another 16lb 8oz barbel.
Has this happened to anyone else.And is there some kind of record this.
Thanks.A very happy Angler.

On the Nene? or further afield?

Meant to say, heartiest congratulations.

This must be an all time record for a trio of specimens of any species not just barbel.

Last edited:
This may be a first Nigel: an incredible session. It's the stuff of dreams (for everyone else!) and I hope you have some photographs for us to salivate over. Well done!

:eek: Absolutley incredible Nigel, you had an angel on your shoulder tonight !
I believe it may be a record well done mate many many congratulations, have you pinched yourself - just to make sure you understand LOL ! :D

Ian.

My word Nigel well done to you..You certainly found the grouped together in that slack...

well done nigel, chances of that happening must be a million to 1, a red letter day indeed

truly amazing catch for you and the river, i believe its worthy of the drennen cup as to catch 3 16lb`ers from the same swim on that river is surly a once in a lifetime catch, get the photos in to angling times mate a weekly winner is £80 but i honestly believe you can win the £2,000 first prize and cup at the end of the season, £2,000 !!!!!!!!!!.

Ditto the above. Well done that man.
That's why we go fishing. You just never know what will happen.

That is incredible Nigel!!! Very well done indeed. Cracking photo too:

509827c96aa13.jpg

I hope you bought a lottery ticket on the way home...

Congratulations,
Andy F

Back