• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record Chub?

Pic in this weeks Anglers Mail. Looks a proper lump, but hard to tell it's exact proportions.
Seems he thought that the record was much higher :eek:
Sad thing is that the article more or less pin-points the swim :(
Will be hammered now.
Must admit that I've thought for a while that the Wye could move into the Chub 'Big League' soon, some of the summer fish we were catching were very long, but 'summer hollow'. Very good average size in places too........
Think the debate surrounding this one may run and run........

picture.php

picture.php

IT'S A BIG CHUB but comments are sure to follow...
picture.php

Last edited:
It will interesting trying to get a swim down there for a bit. Having given the venue and area away, i also wonder what makes the captor think he's likely to get back in the same swim for another attempt at catching it. :confused:

Paul

I can see Ross AC's waiting list getting longer:) it sure is a chunky Chub but it dont look 10lb to me.Its still a cracking fish from any river though and congrats to the captor(even better that he's a Taff) Before I get called a gealous angler for saying that anyone remember the TWO record Barbel caught within 15 minutes of eachother?

Nice chub, but no way is that 10lb.

Surely the guys at the weeklies should know better?

Next 5 I catch is getting sent in as a 7lber!

sorry but thats not 10lb, 6plus yes.........unless he's stolen Jeremy Beadle's hands!

Last edited:
I love the comment about testing the scales by weighing bags of groundbait at the local tackle shop, as if they had been filled using accurate scales in the first place, hardly department of weights and measures!!

I am going to send in pictures of my dozen 10 plus chub next week!!!

Has somebody recently been fired from the Sunday Sport and got a job as an angling journalist??:rolleyes: :cool:

It's all a bit awkward really.
It just does not look big enough.
If you'd weighed that yourself you would look at the scales and say, "that can't be right......"

Is it?

I can never tell the difference!

Dace have redder fins don't they?

Proportion-wise I would be surprised if it was near 7lbs. Irrespective of its length it is far too lean for a chub any where near 8lbs let alone 10.......!

Darren.

it is a long fish . . .
but surely not deep enough to be a double
although chub do have a habit of being very difficult to guesstimate from a picture. .

this IS a 7lb 14oz weighed on two sets of scales caught by a friend of mine on xmas eve . . .and to be honest i have caught bigger '' looking'' fish that were only just 7 or big 6's

SDC10279.jpg

click on pic to enlarge.

Back