• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fitting Isotopes

I absolutely love isotopes
Not just on rod tops but the device in general is just such a fantastic personal* night aid to locate things.
* I elaborated personal because there are lots of night aids out there but unlike the isotope they tend to attract everyone else’s attention.
I use isotopes a lot and shrink them onto various things. I’ve got one shrunk onto a baiting needle. Yes expensive needle you might say but in reality it’s a lot cheaper than the 10 a year I used to buy.
I bought a couple of river rests to try out which I’m quite impressed with but been black you can only find them under torch light................. not any more 😊
6D7FE9C5-2AF9-46B7-B2A7-AA65D5C3FF36.jpeg

I absolutely love isotopes
Not just on rod tops but the device in general is just such a fantastic personal* night aid to locate things.
* I elaborated personal because there are lots of night aids out there but unlike the isotope they tend to attract everyone else’s attention.
I use isotopes a lot and shrink them onto various things. I’ve got one shrunk onto a baiting needle. Yes expensive needle you might say but in reality it’s a lot cheaper than the 10 a year I used to buy.
I bought a couple of river rests to try out which I’m quite impressed with but been black you can only find them under torch light................. not any more 😊I’ve a solar glow in the dark needle , love the rod rests
View attachment 11924

Can I blame richard Isaacs for telling me too buy the isotopes LOL I’ll try it , if not I’ll get some clear tube , cheers
Hey hey hey. Did I read blame being pushed my way!
25’s are the way to go Pete. It’s another 2.5mm of visibility😎
there is only one way I’d improve richards new found creation and that is I’d do it with 1 long piece of silicon tube rather than 2 meeting in the middle. It’s cheap and easy to get.
get yourself a piece long enough to suit the 25’s and your laughing. 😊

Hey hey hey. Did I read blame being pushed my way!
25’s are the way to go Pete. It’s another 2.5mm of visibility😎
there is only one way I’d improve richards new found creation and that is I’d do it with 1 long piece of silicon tube rather than 2 meeting in the middle. It’s cheap and easy to get.
get yourself a piece long enough to suit the 25’s and your laughing. 😊
Will do , thanks 😂

Back