• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fitting Isotopes

With people sealing them in with resin, I'm guessing these isotopes last for years then? I honestly didn't know that.

Quoted half-lives of typical isotopes is around 12-15 years I gather...the problem is you don't know how old the isotope is in the first place. They come with dates on the pack, and suppliers may have had them stock for years and the suppliers, supplier may have also stocked them for years..

That said I've got Drennan isotopes which seem to going strong after 15 years.

Yeah I’ve known them to go 15-20 years and be as good as the day they were opened but they do have a life span and as joe rightly said you could buy one that’s already part way through it.
My personal preference are the korda or Drennan ones
They are top notch and very popular so you stand a good chance of getting a “new” one. Stick with a popular colour too like green or blue.
Don’t go cheap on them if you are making permanent fixtures with them. They are not all equal, you get what you pay for.

Anyone used the fella of eBay , he’s called IceAtope 3mm x 25mm , can’t find solar ones this size , cheers
This is a 25x3 korda isotope on my Torrix’s
Blind man on a galloping horse would struggle to miss em.
F9D26B8A-46C7-4E0E-878D-7BEDEDA463EC.jpeg
0C1D0802-0473-4877-956A-9374142F9D09.jpeg

I quite like the isotope being flat with the tip and some great ideas above (Love Bob's)
I've bodged this up for now using 2 enterprise adapters and see how it goes. Also going to paint the rod top white.
View attachment 11917
That’s very clever Rich I’ve not seen them used like that before.
it actually makes the system better in my opinion as I don’t like them standing up.

Back