• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Licence

Mine arrived today This is my fortifth licence remember back in the day when they where regional just dont know how lucky we are.:)

I had forgotten about those days, Alan. I used to buy a Migratory Fish and Trout licence for the South West Wales rivers, one for the Avon & Dorset River Authority, another for the Thames, its tribs and the Southern pits...

Hi men ,

And me Paul , traveling anglers like me and Sue did not have it a simple as today .

Guess what , a licence I did now want turned up today :rolleyes:, ok I give up , cant be bothered now .

Hatter

I had forgotten about those days, Alan. I used to buy a Migratory Fish and Trout licence for the South West Wales rivers, one for the Avon & Dorset River Authority, another for the Thames, its tribs and the Southern pits...

I can remember being caught without a licence on the Hants. Avon 'cos i'd forgotten that the Wessex one had to be renewed in January:eek:. A national licence was something we campaigned for back in the day (via NASA and the consultatives) and it's certainly a far more sensible arrangment:)

That said i renewed mine and the "Herberts" at the Post Office at the end of March and still ain't recieved 'em!:(

Ordered mine on the 28th march arrived on the 6th ........ now all i'd like is for an EA bailiff to check it, and while he was at it if he could spare the time maybe nick a few EE's ........ don't be daft thats asking too much :(
Thats not a dig at the bailiffs by the way :D

Finally got my licence, over 4 weeks and several phone calls after ordering it online. Actually I got it twice. First I got the replacement they sent out having decided that the original must have been lost in the post. Then the next day the original arrived, 2 weeks after they claimed to have sent it out. :rolleyes:

My two licences turned up on the same day in two different envelopes,also on the same day two reminders arrived again in seperate envelopes,glad to see my money is being spent wisely.
Phil.W

Hi men ,

Update -

No refund yet of my 6 X 27 quid :mad:.

Phoned , and they hoped it will be returned by Friday , but they said , Monday , Tuesday , Wed.................

Not just the one occation , so I hear .

Hatter

Hi men ,

QUALITY :mad:, now they are saying they are trying to put the money back , but it might be my bank thats dragging its heels . Iv got a feeling both are to blame , but it does make me mad that some places take quick , but the opposite route is hard .

Hatter

Mark,
You're not alone, i'm still waiting for my 5 x £27 to be refunded !!! :mad:
Hopefully next week..........or the week after......

My two licences turned up on the same day in two different envelopes,also on the same day two reminders arrived again in seperate envelopes,glad to see my money is being spent wisely.
Phil.W
i don't get the reminder letters,
so if the the EA stopped this, and i said to a balliff:confused:,
oh, i'm sorry i forgot, your supposed to remind me, it must your fault YOU didn't, I'll get away with not having one,
is that it? the nanny state,
very strange.:(

Still waiting for my refund after it was promised it would be returned no later than end of play last friday ,it would be interesting to know if anyone has incurred bank charges because of this mistake !!!!

Ordered mine last monday, and recieved my e-mail confirmation straight away! I've not yet recieved my licence but considering i've not had it checked in the last 25 years a print of the e-mail will do for me! :rolleyes:

Mine arrived a few days after this post - and best of all i actually had it checked this week while fishing a local club water for tench! Hurrah!!

Still no sign of my license but they definitely know that I've paid for it and they can't understand why I haven't received it yet. I can understand it but the reasons I give would be moderated.

Conrad

That gives me a benchmark then. I bought mine on the 27th of March so with luck it should be here for the weekend.

Arrived sometime between 12th and 16th of April. Not quite the two or three days that some reported but at least it got here in the end.;)

Back