• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Winter suites.......

The igloo 6 is very warm, I have been out in 0c with just a t shirt and one fleece under the jacket and I wasn't cold at all. I take an extra fleece with me but haven't needed it yet. It's very breathable too. I can't vouch for the waterproofing yet but Paul will let us know soon no doubt.

Got the solace and am 5ft 8ins and 13st 4lb (need to lose a bit ) got the xl size and it fits great the legs are a little long but have velcro at bottom so just tighten them and they rest on top of boots without trailing in mud

I take it your avatar is a fairly old picture then Robert :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I take it your avatar is a fairly old picture then Robert :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Yeah a couple of years old , put about stone and a half on , started when my dad died was that busy sorting his stuff out and finding my mum a good nursing home that didnt get to the gym and not got back into it , but gonna have to do something . :(

Yeah a couple of years old , put about stone and a half on , started when my dad died was that busy sorting his stuff out and finding my mum a good nursing home that didnt get to the gym and not got back into it , but gonna have to do something . :(

Been there, done that Robert....you have my sympathies mate :(

Cheers, Dave.

not been the same really since I had to retire from playing Ice Hockey but have been able to fish more :)

not been the same really since I had to retire from playing Ice Hockey but have been able to fish more :)

Bob, to carry on serious Ice Hockey to the age you did is a major achievement fella...I feel sore and achy just thinking about it...good on yer mate. Glad fishing is filling the gap for you, to a certain extent :)

Cheers, Dave.

Miss it but when my shift patterns changed had to quit but not bad when you consider docs told me when I was 32 that if i didnt quit I would end up in a wheel chair and played my last game at 45

Rhys, you're not partially colourblind (deficient in red and green) by any chance are you? I am, and the red does my head in (at certain angles as you say)!

Why the hell do we want to look like match anglers:eek:

Dig out that old Berber, and remember to remove the old Berber logo badge on the collar, very naff.

Smells like a wet Spaniel, but does the job better than any nylon rubbish, and you will cut a fine dash on the bank:)

thanx David the coat don't sound that cleaver think i will have to have a look at these before ordering 1 ......how do i keep warm well it is not usually catching fish so if you see some1 on the bank doing a full fitness work out mainly star jumps then you know its me hahaha thanx for the info David

The sallopetts have shoulder straps, and they're a bugger to keep up and over the shoulders,Julian try crossing them over at the back of you so the right strap actually goes over your left shoulder,Sorry about this, this is a reply to the 1st page of this post :eek:

Last edited:
I'm with Jon on this one, I go for layers, especially with the weather variations down here, I would rather carry clothes in my bag or chair than on my body in the early evening when it is relatively habitable and then add them as it becomes colder, you feel the benefit of it then..........The trouble with all of these thermal suits is that they are not VERY waterproof and once you get them wet, the insulation properties are as good as useless, I use Greys waterproof trousers which are VERY waterproof and then layer up under them, starting with a good thermal base layer.........

Had a look at the Greys grxi trousers they look pretty good would these be the ones Ian.

Back