• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which Landing Net

Got the insight net, very sturdy. use it for piking too.
pretty sure there are no screws etc to fail.
triangular nets with string or wire between the arms are not great in weedy swims. where a spoon type works a treat.
dave

Thanks David, think I'l take the plunge then.

not really, just gets a bit dull reading the same stuff over and over... river reports / social board seems to be the only interesting stuff these days

Comments like that are best left to the darkside Sam IMHO why not just stay over there and bitch to your hearts content,like others have said we ALL start somewhere and we |ALL need advice from time to time.

Comments like that are best left to the darkside Sam IMHO why not just stay over there and bitch to your hearts content,like others have said we ALL start somewhere and we |ALL need advice from time to time.

whats so wrong with being honest thought and saying a lot of advise hasn't worked ??

adviCe you revolting individual.

capital A grammar police. and revolting in what sense ? that i won't suck up to fishing celeb wannabes ? if it makes you feel better i'm sure there was a thread on cooking hemp or which bait box that came in handy at some point.

Last edited:
Geoff Thank you for the link mate very helpful....:)

After my Abu Garcia folding spoon net snapped at the spreader block last season, i've bought myself a big (30 or 32") Wychwood pike / boat net. Only used it a few times so far, but looks good to date.

A real big thanks for the nice replies and i now have a very good idea as to what will be a good choice for a good river net

And as for sam just remember that people in glass houses should not throw stones !!!!

Sean

A real big thanks for the nice replies and i now have a very good idea as to what will be a good choice for a good river net

And as for sam just remember that people in glass houses should not throw stones !!!!

Sean

in what sense am i in a glass house throwing stones ?:confused:

whats so wrong with being honest thought and saying a lot of advise hasn't worked ??

Nothing wrong with honesty Sam,just think that comments like yours are best left elsewhere. As for the advice you got not being any help,maybe people won't be as forthcoming with it next time you ask.

Nothing wrong with honesty Sam,just think that comments like yours are best left elsewhere. As for the advice you got not being any help,maybe people won't be as forthcoming with it next time you ask.

so you think honest is okay just not if it goes against anything said on here ? right...

But your not going against anything Sam,your just moaning for the sake of it.If you dont like the threads dont read them;)

But your not going against anything Sam,your just moaning for the sake of it.If you dont like the threads dont read them;)

in all honesty i don't usually read them, its just the fact this question has been coming up every single week. that's why i commented. on the old board the swim analysis used to be a good thread actually and there are decent things that come up now and again. personally i'd rather visit a "slower" forum full of stuff like that, than the same old stuff over and over. but that's my opinion. :)

come to think of it why isn't there a swim analysis thing anymore :confused:

A forum is only as good as the posts people write. If you want to improve the subject matter, the power is in your hands.

Last edited:
and i wouldn't say much of it was a lot of help. steveo and deans advise was the only useful stuff i remember/use every time i go... and actually going 3/4 times a week has taught me a lot more still :D

Careful you dont shoot yourself in the foot here. I am by no means an expert on Barbel fishing, but some of the lads on here are the best anglers in the country. You run the risk of alienating yourself on here with ignorant replies like this.

adviCe you revolting individual.

Thats a bit harsh David - without meaning to be patronising to Sam, i think this should be put down to youthful ignorance. :D

like i said, swim analysis stuff/river reports great. "which" threads not so much. i'd love david to say that to my face though ;) another problem with forums in general, keyboard warriors.

like i said, swim analysis stuff/river reports great. "which" threads not so much. i'd love david to say that to my face though ;) another problem with forums in general, keyboard warriors.

You have asked for a good bit of advice yourself Sam so why knock me for asking about which landing net ?

I have been sea fishing for the last 20 years and i have a net that a shark wouldnt break but i dont think it would be kind to barbel

i have an old freshwater one from years ago which was with my gear when i got it back out of storage also was my center pin reels so i have fished for quite a while but so much has changed and i dont want to be seen to be doing something wrong and upset people who will if asked help a lot

That is why i have purchased a unhooking mat and some proper stuff for going out to tackle the barbel

That is the reason i asked as there are people on here who have helped a lot and i am sure when i am fishing i will see people of this forum and long will i ask for advice

Sean

Back