• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which brand of terminal tackle?

Vote below:

• Drennan/ESP

Votes: 77 36.8%
  • Korda

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Korum

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Pallatrax

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gardner

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Anchor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solar

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other (please state in a post below)

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • I just buy what's cheapest/I don't have a favourite

Votes: 22 10.5%

• Total voters
GR60 mainline (bought from BFW)
Korum Running Rig Kits (with a substitute quick link swivel)
Suffix coated braid
Gardner Talon Tip wide gap barbless (bought from BFW)
accounts for 75% of my fishing for barbel I reckon

Do the people posting currently realise this was a thread from 2011 which Andy put up in order to make decisions about the BFW shop?

I thought it a bit odd too Crooky but could actually turn out to be an interesting comparison to what we were using just a few years ago.

Don't have a favourite, most of my terminal gear is a mix of whatever suits me, mostly hooks, swivels, pva, Mono or Flourocarbon,superglue,plus quite a lot of items that I make myself ie. sinkers, feeders, floats, bait droppers, bank sticks, landing net handles / net frames. Tripod, Unhooking mats.pellet drills, etc.The only large shop bought items I have are reels, rods, brolly,folding chair, waders, forceps, and terminal tackle boxes.
I have yet to find a rucksack or quiver that suits me, every one I ever had had quite a few modifications to suit my needs, I don't think that any manufacturer fully provides exactly what we want, plus I get quite a buzz from "improving " items that could so easily have been made "better" in the first place.

Dave.

Andy i prefer korda,esp and gardener in that order:) oh and of course Enterprise for their marvellous bits and peices

Pretty much Drennan, but some odds 'n sods from others...
Rods from Harrisons, reels from Shimano, line mostly Berkley Big Game
Airflo Sightfree G3 Flurocarbon for some hooklengths, superbly reliable & robust....

If it is something I have used before and liked I will buy from the same manufacturer. If the local shop doesn't stock it, and I can wait a couple of days, I will order it on-line. I sympathise with the local shop owners but I am not going to buy one brand when I prefer another.

MCF lead clips....
Drennan or Gardner hooks.
Shimano line at the moment.
Taska float stop like beads, brilliant things

Back