• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which brand of terminal tackle?

Vote below:

• Drennan/ESP

Votes: 77 36.8%
  • Korda

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Korum

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Pallatrax

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Gardner

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Fox

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Anchor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solar

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other (please state in a post below)

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • I just buy what's cheapest/I don't have a favourite

Votes: 22 10.5%

• Total voters
ESP
Solar
Korda
I use all of these so can not vote as i have no preference to which i buy!!

Bit of everything like most, but if I had to pick one it'd be Korum as they come up with some great ideas like seamless hooks and their new anti eject sleeves. I use their S5 hooks and long rig sleeves all the time.

Drennan clip beads and silicon rig stops, Enterprise protecta beads, Fox Quick Change Swivels (although the price is now a p*ss take), Kryston and Drennan hooklengths (Mantis, Incognito and Sink Braid) and Pallatrax hooks.

Neil

PS - Korum Mesh Feeders (although pricey)

Bit surprising.....not to say revealing, that Drennan products (on here at least) are used by more people than the next THREE most popular brands added together :eek:

When I say surprising, I don't mean that I don't like them (I rate them very highly as it happens), I am just amazed that one company has that level of market domination without me really noticing. Had I been asked to rank all the brands before, I would not have come close to those figures.

Useful bit of marketing research for you Andy :D

Cheers, Dave.

I generally find Korum stuff to be decent quality at a reasonable price. If you are looking at what to stock then I would say it pays to have a brand everyone has heard of at an affordable price.

Slightly off subject a little but I keep my rods made up and have lost count of how many fish I have caught on the same hook (Korum Xpert Power Hook) and it is still as sharp as day one.

Hi Andy
Tend to stick with tried and trusted..
ESP D-7 Raptor hooks sizes 8 and 9 for hair-rigged boilies and pellet
Fox Arma SSBP size 10 [short shank] for hair-rigged caster/maggot.
Kryston Silkworm [12lb ] ..Also giving the Drennan gravel braid a go.
It's the mainline that I can't seem to settle on.

like most people, i use a mixture of all tackle,

A mixture but a lot of gardner products...

Hooks Kamasan B775 or Gamakatsu supers.
Kryston Merlin
The rest, brand doesn't really matter, though i do like Korum paste cages and Fox braidstops.

Back