• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats your pb barbel???

Cheers Crooky, all. Lets move on.

Keith

"This Autumn Graham and I are going to go after the Roach again, you lot will be green with envy with the size of the Roach we are going to catch"

I sincerely hope so.............So looking forward to it Keithy. However I'm on the Trent 10/12th August...a bit I think has some big roach so maybe just maybe.....

Graham

What planet are you off Geoff?..Libel action,:D:D:D..I would be careful of that yourself if i was you..Still well done youve tried your best to ruin yet again another thread..You really do need to give your head a wobble..:D:D:D:D..Moderators, do you think you should allow a person to insult someone personally?.Bearing in mind many youngsters see whats written..

Trust me Craig, not much gets passed the moderators, and things are been discussed as we speak....

Steve

That Elliot bloke's rubbish.

Last season he insisted I spend a weekend on the Wye for nothing, he supplied and cooked all the food, outfished me by a zillion to one, made me photograph all of his double figure barbel and gave me the experience of fishing a river with methods completely alien to my norms, and all in all made me miserable as hell that I'd had such a good time in good company that I'll never forgive him.

And all because we had an "difference of opinion" on BFW years ago. :)

As a specimen angler I got bored with barbel some years back when I broke the 15lb mark and have been concentrating on other species since, but the Wye trip reminded me there is fun to be had if you can drop the self-imposed shackles of targets for a moment, difficult though I find that to do. :cool:

I've recently banked a 36lb+ carp from the (top) Langridge Lake at Fishers Green which, because it's one of the hardest carp waters in the country, is probably my best capture ever, even though it's not a P.B..
Not bad for a non-carper.

Cheers Si

That carp would be 99 percent of everyone's pb's I think.

Simply stunning.

We will have to do the Wye trip again.

You can pay :D

Graham

Good thread chaps.
Biggest barbel.....hmmm
I neither am going to state my biggest barbel but like others I spread myself pretty evenly now across pike, perch, tench, barbel, carp and others species. I guess I did set myself targets years ago for the places I fish...50 barbel from the Thames :eek: ;) A fish in every month of the season, (December and January were sometimes interesting, April and May far easier...). That kind of general madness :rolleyes:

Not sure you should look at the size of another man's.....as it's all relative to where you fish chaps.

GE, I wouldn't go roach fishing with the man Speer.....He bats his pin from the back you know. Most odd if you ask me :D

Ian

Good thread chaps.
Biggest barbel.....hmmm
I neither am going to state my biggest barbel but like others I spread myself pretty evenly now across pike, perch, tench, barbel, carp and others species. I guess I did set myself targets years ago for the places I fish...50 barbel from the Thames :eek: ;) A fish in every month of the season, (December and January were sometimes interesting, April and May far easier...). That kind of general madness :rolleyes:

Not sure you should look at the size of another man's.....as it's all relative to where you fish chaps.

GE, I wouldn't go roach fishing with the man Speer.....He bats his pin from the back you know. Most odd if you ask me :D

Ian

I have also tried to catch a barbel in every month (not April, May of course!) and did manage it once, mostly with smallish ones from the Windrush. It would probably take all 10 months to catch one barbel from there now..

Astonishing........and so unfair!!:eek:

I have never hidden the fact that I batt from the back, I have always been open and honest about it!!

Come on Ian, you have always wanted to be a backward batty boy too, come on and join me on the light side, then we can both frolic together in the Thames side meadows!!:D

Graham, good luck on the Trent, I am there myself this weekend, I will phone you to compare notes.

For me, improving my pb's are far less important than enjoying my time on the river bank and learning to be a better angler.

In the past I have tried too hard to catch big fish, now I just try to do it well.

You do try Keith ,i must say,you should try starting up a nudist angling club may be lot,s would sign who know,s.:D:D:D:D :eek: put that rod away KEITH .

Simon King ,just wanna say a very well done on your recent capture ,i,m chuffed you have been rewarded for all your efforts ,well done mate.

You boys.....:D

Look after Mr E Keith, he's delicate...;)

Ian

We will have to do the Wye trip again.

You can pay :D

Graham

Somewhere closer to our homes, I think. I can't afford a third mortagage for the petrol!

Simon King ,just wanna say a very well done on your recent capture ,i,m chuffed you have been rewarded for all your efforts ,well done mate.

Thanks Den. At least you know how hard it is there. 2 runs, 2 "wild" carp in 25 sessions. I'm on a roll. ;)

Back