• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are your opinions on night fishing ?

Deleted.

Last edited:
Seldom has a solitary poster inflicted so much self indulgent psuedo intellectual gibberish (or should it be jibberish ?) on the rest of us in a single thread.Quite an achievement.
Way back in this thread Keith posted
"Even though I don't fish late I see no reason to restrict others and I will always fight for their right to fish as they see fit"
I think this thread would have been better ended on that admirable sentiment.
Phil.W

"Seldom has a solitary poster inflicted so much self indulgent psuedo intellectual gibberish (or should it be jibberish ?) on the rest of us in a single thread.Quite an achievement.":D:D:D:D:D:D

That made me laugh out loud.

If we all fish during the day and the fish feed at night then there would be a lot of very dry nets.

Or have i missed the point again?

Hi men,

Agreed Phil , but I fear you will be educated ;).

We have bumped into a bloke 3 times as we left a stretch me and Sue fish an hour before dark . He travels to fish ( like us ) , and fishes into dark . Sometimes an hour , sometimes 4 . BUT it's not his choice to do so, and listened intently to our story of stalking a few in tap clear water , saying he wished he was with us . So who are we to stop him enjoying what he gets from his fishing ?. I tell you who we are , nobody, that's who !.

Hatter

Although not barbel related, do any find night fishng just as good for other species? I have never found it very good for tench, OK for chub and carp and have never tried it for pike. I love nightfishing for barbel (and also occasionally for bass) and that means the whole atmosphere of the countryside, the peace from other people and the stars etc when clear, but for some reason prefer to fish in the day for other species. Anyone else find that?

I've always found fishing for specimen roach to be a lot more productive into the night.
And as many of us barbel anglers will concur, fishing into darkness on rivers such as Severn/Thames/Ouse and other lowland rivers, the bream tend to hang themselves. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, these days I mostly fish for piggies, but I generally do a 48hr session every week. Not being able to night fish would force me to alter my habits somewhat.

Although not barbel related, do any find night fishng just as good for other species? I have never found it very good for tench, OK for chub and carp and have never tried it for pike. I love nightfishing for barbel (and also occasionally for bass) and that means the whole atmosphere of the countryside, the peace from other people and the stars etc when clear, but for some reason prefer to fish in the day for other species. Anyone else find that?

Tench...I used to do all nighters one I was much younger and before I was married, so I could:)
The place was Rackerhayes in Newton Abbott in Devon, and it was magic, used to position a torch beam onto the float tip, and the night was spent in the company of Mink, the parents use to bring the cubs to show me ahhhhh, always better fishing at night there.

Tench...I used to do all nighters one I was much younger and before I was married, so I could:)
The place was Rackerhayes in Newton Abbott in Devon, and it was magic, used to position a torch beam onto the float tip, and the night was spent in the company of Mink, the parents use to bring the cubs to show me ahhhhh, always better fishing at night there.

Did you catch many Neil?

Back