• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

useless kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
TF Gear NEW Carp Fishing Flips Sandals Bivvy Slippers/Shoes

Do people really buy camo bivvy slippers ???? Jeeeeez !

What other useless bits of kit have you seen ?

I have no idea what bivvy slippers are, though I could make an educated guess. However; those look like cracking beach shoes.

So when you get a bite, take or run (whatever you call it in carp fishing) do you then have to stop and put on your outdoor shoes? Also as the angler is in his sleeping bag do they have to get out of their PJ's and get dressed?

I have got 2 pairs of those sandals to me they sre the dogs danglies....

TF Gear NEW Carp Fishing Flips Sandals Bivvy Slippers/Shoes

Do people really buy camo bivvy slippers ???? Jeeeeez !

What other useless bits of kit have you seen ?

Yes. And they wear them along with their Realtree/camo outfits when they go to fishing shows as well.

Got myself a pair of crocs for £3 that i used to use when carping.

I have got 2 pairs of those sandals to me they sre the dogs danglies....

I agree John, if placed at the door of your bivvy they virtually fall onto your feet as you run out of the door....the ultimate in slip ons. However, in Pauls post he admits to being a one time carper, who wore a £3 pair of 'crocks' (I tried some on out of curiosity, despite knowing they were copies....and found them about as comfortable as barbed wire underpants) but STILL wore them because they were convenient....and above all, cheap. Now you tell me who is the plank...the man who was conned into thinking he could buy genuine crocks for £3, and admitted he wore them while carping anyway.....or the carper he mysteriously took the pee out of for wearing crocks while carping, who paid £25 for genuine crocs because he found them the most comfortable shoes he ever wore, and criticised nobody for what they chose to wear, despite owning THE absolutely tops in bivvy wear himself.
Hmmmm...let me think now....:D

The comments so far on this thread (apart from Jon) are either the childish put downs of people barely unable to contain themselves because of the boredom of the last few days to the start...or the typically childish comments from those who seem unable to resist putting others down for things they actually know naff all about.

We are ALL anglers lads...can we PLEASE try to stick together and present a dignified, organised bunch of adults to face those we need to fight, rather than the bunch of schoolyard squabblers we seem to delight in being?

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
So when you get a bite, take or run (whatever you call it in carp fishing) do you then have to stop and put on your outdoor shoes? Also as the angler is in his sleeping bag do they have to get out of their PJ's and get dressed?

no if your a smart carper, then you set up your bite alarm to a mobile phone...fish takes bait..sets alarm off..calls your mobile..wakes you up..you get dressed..have a spot of brekkie..get in the car..fill up with fuel..set off on the 130mile trip to the rod..stop for a **** at the services..turn up at the rod, then reel in the fish..thats carp fishing :D

The comments so far on this thread (apart from Jon) are either the childish put downs of people barely unable to contain themselves because of the boredom of the last few days to the start...or the typically childish comments from those who seem unable to resist putting others down for things they actually know naff all about.

We are ALL anglers lads...can we PLEASE try to stick together and present a dignified, organised bunch of adults to face those we need to fight, rather than the bunch of schoolyard squabblers we seem to delight in being?

Cheers, Dave.

Well said Dave;) nice one lad;)

Blimey,,,, D.G lighten up blud.

How about a fixed spool reel with a bite alarm built into it.
Hah,! Every time you strike you got a birds nest..(well my mate did)

I know Mark, I know...it just riles me so much that every third thread is about one faction of angles taking the pee and belittling another branch of our sport. Go on the carpers forums, or trout fishing lot and the same thing is happening. We try to cover it up by kidding ourselves it's 'just a bit of banter'....whereas in fact it is the weird tribal divisions that has caused so much mayhem for so many years in football. we need to grow up if we are ever going to be able to compete in the big boys world that is endemic polluting of our rivers to make ever bigger profits.

Cheers, Dave.

I agree John, if placed at the door of your bivvy they virtually fall onto your feet as you run out of the door....the ultimate in slip ons. However, in Pauls post he admits to being a one time carper, who wore a £3 pair of 'crocks' (I tried some on out of curiosity, despite knowing they were copies....and found them about as comfortable as barbed wire underpants) but STILL wore them because they were convenient....and above all, cheap. Now you tell me who is the plank...the man who was conned into thinking he could buy genuine crocks for £3, and admitted he wore them while carping anyway.....or the carper he mysteriously took the pee out of for wearing crocks while carping, who paid £25 for genuine crocs because he found them the most comfortable shoes he ever wore, and criticised nobody for what they chose to wear, despite owning THE absolutely tops in bivvy wear himself.
Hmmmm...let me think now....:D

Cheers, Dave.

edit

Last edited:
Iv got the shimano boat ones famtastic if grounds dry, if not its all over!!!!

Tesco imitation crocs for 99p in a sale.....far more comfortable than the Birkenstocks I used to wear! However, not much use in the middle of the night on the banks of the Tidal Trent in winter. :)

Cheers, Dave.

Say's a lot about you David, Have you know sense of humor ?

Mine was a club card - I never got bailiffed in the 4 years that I had one.

I have not been bailiffed during the year I did not have one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back