• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Things I miss. Thamesley feeders

I miss those moaning old gits who keep banging on about how things were so much bet.....oh!

Ah, but then you see I can remember the days before you were born Rhys. Now, THOSE were the days, SO much better than they are now. Can't put my finger on the reason for that, maybe it was because yu....oh!

Cheers, Dave.

Ah, but then you see I can remember the days before you were born Rhys. Now, THOSE were the days, SO much better than they are now. Can't put my finger on the reason for that, maybe it was because yu....oh!

Cheers, Dave.

Was that before the war then Dave :D

Ah yes, Golden Age Thinking (a theme of mine, in talks, in print and on the Internet for over twenty years), that nagging and often infuriating feeling that things were so much better then...

With everyone nowadays seeming to have their ideas and opinions shaped by summat they've seen flickering at them on a screen whilst necking beer and eating nuts, they might care to check out this suggestion of mine: Woody Allen's great "return to form" movie of 2011, Midnight In Paris. Be charmed, entertained, amused, maybe even enlightened for an hour and a half, then think "Yeah, things were so much better then...".

Hedgehogs! anybody else noticed that dead hedgehogs on the roadside have been replaced by dead badgers?

House sparrows.

ABU Cardinal reels, I am managing to keep mine going but they are getting a little dog eared now.

Catching fish on the Thames!

Mic

I Miss ..

I miss being tucked up at night by my ample breasted babysitter, and I miss my Daiwa Powermesh. Still got a couple of those Thamesley feeders Graham. They're yours if you can get the babysitter's daughter to come round. Honest people are still out there, young and old, they're just harder to find among all the "look at me I'm louder than you" brigade.

Nick C

Even the beer is weak...

I see that Stella Artois' new beer, MP Basher, introduced after the all A&Es-endorsed efficacity of its decades-old Wife Beater product, has been a success. I am presently in talks with the firm about a Special Celebrity Angler Brew, to be marketed with the ad strapline "One Can and They're Gone"....

Assault case MP 'shouted at police' - Yahoo! News UK

Nick. They are called Wet Nurses...........

I also miss the tip of my charcoal Titan 2000 13footer.............(just in case anyone has one.......................)

Graham

I don't have a tip for your Titan but I will have a look I might just have a couple of those feeders tucked away somewhere.

;)

bankside courtesy , not being skylined and people who could read those unsaid signs that mean't it is time to leave someone to his fishing.
A certain paste bait from CC Moore :(
Fox adjustalevel chairs.

i miss turning up in a swim to find it clean, cannot remember once having to spend 10 minutes cleaning up first when i was young.

Yes thats very true David. wouldn't happen in GX....even though it's near Slough....;)

Thanks Keith, put them in your bag please for the next time we meet on the bank.

G

Back