• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Things I miss. Thamesley feeders

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Just can't get the large blockend thamesley maggot feeders anymore. Came with a bit of piano wire to attach the link swivel to. Magic. Last one in the weed on the kennet.

Anything that you wish were still in production?

Graham (on his way to shop in china after your requests!):D

I really miss pike gaffs, knotted keepnets and Bayer Perlon (best line ever bar none!!) :D

Still a good trotting line, it's not broke so don't try to fix it

My Mums Sunday Roasts......:rolleyes:

I know this is hardly keeping truly on thread, but as others have digressed.....:p

The thing I miss most is honest people, simple as that. I miss being able to trust people, knowing that although there obviously were rogues around, the majority were decent folk. I hate the modern (certainly post Thatcher) way of life whereby you have no option but to assume that EVERYONE is out to rip you off. Occasionally I forget that, and come unstuck...I regress, and take people at face value, silly old fool :p

Many of the younger members will have no idea what I am talking about, as they can only remember life as it is now....but I swear to you that there really were SOME honest folk about once upon a time, be they tackle dealers, policemen, politicians....even angling club officials :p

Ah my, those were the days :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Mini skirts and Pop socks ;)

And from a fishing point of view my old Bait dropper knocked up from a pineapple chunks tin, it delivered god knows how many gallons of Hemp and Maggots into the Hants Avon, Thames and Cherwell where i suppose appropriately it know resides thanks to a near bank snag :(

Back