• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Only Way To Catch A Barbel?

I have read all the posts and I am truly sorry to have caused so much grief, I was never keen to publicise my catches in the papers, but was convinced that it was the thing to do, perhaps I should have realised that such publicity is a double edged sword, the first edge dulls quickly whereas the other side remains sharp forever!

As a last point I was quite amused by the comment about sponsorship, I have been sponsored in the past, unless things have changed a very great deal, it is very similar to “publicity†except for the fact that the “double edged sword†is accompanied by a dagger that can be thrust in just below the ribs and I would not be tempted unless accompanied by a casket full of green drinking vouchers and a bevy of dancing girls!!

Tight Lines.

I am glad you have cleared that one up and had a chuckle too! I would have vented my feelings concerning publicity to you the other day but decided against it as it may have put a blunt edge on both our days fishing.

Shall say ''Good Morning'' to you next season...........if i can get a swim!:)

I took a look at the Angling Times today, page 8, 17lb 9oz Barbel on the float, caught on maggot, size 16 hook, 8lb main and a 5lb bottom, well done that man Danny Spring.

Always wondered why you started that "Trotting and Foul Hooking" thread Julian but it's now become clear.
You are fishing the same bit as Keith Speer and fancied stirring it up a bit.
Good skills.

Always wondered why you started that "Trotting and Foul Hooking" thread Julian but it's now become clear.
You are fishing the same bit as Keith Speer and fancied stirring it up a bit.
Good skills.

I had genuine reasons for asking questions on that seperate thread Mr Burke.:)

Back