• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The next barbel river record

Next UK barbel record river?

• Total voters
Are we asking which river will produce THE record or which river will break its own record?

Most on the list aren't in the running for THE record are they Lee?, so it's breaking a record specific to that river I think.

Kev will be pleased as when he catches that bloody 7rn fish again it'll probably be bigger than the last time :rolleyes: :D

Don't think we'll see it broken unless a new, albeit unsustainable haven that is only fished by a privileged few ever exists again.

Most on the list aren't in the running for THE record are they Lee?, so it's breaking a record specific to that river I think.

Kev will be pleased as when he catches that bloody 7rn fish again it'll probably be bigger than the last time :rolleyes: :D

He has lost bigger than the record Steve, and I reckon he will do it again, but probably won't claim it, too much hassle.

Got to have a real positive attitude to sit out all those blanks for the chance of getting the record, I don't have that, and those that do deserve the rewards.

Hope you are well.:)

Don't think we'll see it broken unless a new, albeit unsustainable haven that is only fished by a privileged few ever exists again.

Was thinking perhaps the WA Lee, there is a stretch that is out of bounds to all fishing that some record shakers have come from, met the angler seen the pics, but you need to be a bit casual about poaching... not sure I am.

I know a fishery that's thrown up a 17 and an 18 this year, but isn't on any list.

Cheers, Dave.

Assuming you are talking about barbel David, if you read the first couple of my posts it invites and informs that you can only list 10 on the poll and that any other river's you may feel could take the UK barbel record....then post and discuss

Nice idea this poll m'larky

I vote Trent. I'd love to vote Severn, but unless some serious time is dedicated to the tidal reaches I cant see it.

Warks Avon would be my each way bet though... again so underfished in places, something big could be lurking down there somewhere

I vote Trent. I'd love to vote Severn, but unless some serious time is dedicated to the tidal reaches I cant see it.

Warks Avon would be my each way bet though... again so underfished in places, something big could be lurking down there somewhere

I suspect there may be a 17 or two in the WA Chris....we both probably know where, but I doubt whether a record is present. Severn has the best chance of both rivers, and again, we both know the bloke that would do it if anyone can.

Agree with your Trent vote....that's the most likely, especially with all the bait that goes in.

Assuming you are talking about barbel David, if you read the first couple of my posts it invites and informs that you can only list 10 on the poll and that any other river's you may feel could take the UK barbel record....then post and discuss

If you read MY post, you would see that I said it's not on any list, not specifically yours Jeff, so your lecture re "Reading your first two post's" is as irrelevant as it is insulting. I also find your command "post and discuss" highly amusing. I assumed from the first that this thread is actually designed to gain information for your own purposes, so my post was I admit, mischievous...albeit true. So no Jeff, I will not "Discuss", any more than undoubtedly the many other members who could not discuss their publicity shy waters. If they told you, they would have to kill you :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I have a friend with a huge beer belly who has that problem Chris :D

Cheers, Dave.

If you read MY post, you would see that I said it's not on any list, not specifically yours Jeff, so your lecture re "Reading your first two post's" is as irrelevant as it is insulting. I also find your command "post and discuss" highly amusing. I assumed from the first that this thread is actually designed to gain information for your own purposes, so my post was I admit, mischievous...albeit true. So no Jeff, I will not "Discuss", any more than undoubtedly the many other members who could not discuss their publicity shy waters. If they told you, they would have to kill you :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Firstly I posted this as what river David....not what peg what swim etc. Secondly the invitation to post or discuss is just that.....and not the Spanish inquisition. ....

You need to get out fishing davey boy....seems you've gone stir crazy lad.

Tight lines

Chaps,

I think Jeff has posted a reasonable and interesting poll. If you don't want to get involved, that's fine, we don't all need to hear why you've made that decision.

Personally, I'm getting fed up reading the constant sniping at some members. It's tedious for those who aren't interested and a poor advert for the site. If you want to continue with this sort of thing, Facebook might be a better option for you.

Can I politely ask that it stops now? If you want to talk about it, email me.

Thanks,

Andy F

Trent for me, I know of fish nearing 18lbs as well as backup fish, there is mile upon mile of unfished water on this river.

Hi men ,

If the Nene fish avoids capture , and conditions are right it could be closing in on 19, or 20lb . I know someone fishing for it and it's mates , and he said its close to the conditions that the Ouse fish grew big in . I voted for the Thames , mainly because there are areas where big fish can hide unmolested , and lower down they have plenty of food .

Got to admit without a fish popping up close to 20lb , we could be waiting a long time .

Hatter

I too voted Thames Mark, my son has a friend who has had fish to over 18 this year.....but while Carp fishing !!! spit, spit spit.....perhaps this winter or next there might be a true clonker from the Thames...where from, I've not a clue 'cos they are keeping it close to their chest.... and I don't blame 'em:D

Hi men,

Bill. I don't blame them either :D . One day I will turn to the Thames for a bit of carping , but it's easier to research carp in France than it is the Thames :eek:. There are areas where there is a lack of flow for periods , which means the barbel ain't fighting the flow , and off shoots into lake areas they can hide , interesting subject , but it's the carp that are pulling me . Love the thought of boat work , the French have got this off to an art , especially the river Lot , that would suit the Thames to a T ;)

Hatter

For me the deeper larger rivers I think will produce it.....like the Severn thames or trent. I just believe that there are some clonkers lurking there that have yet to be caught.

Back