• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The next barbel river record

Next UK barbel record river?

• Total voters
There are only 10 choices allowed on the poll but of you feel that a river not suggested isn't there post up and say why.

Sussex Ouse .....less than 16lbs
Yorkshire Ouse less than 13lbs

I'm pretty sure the current RR was meant.........:rolleyes:

Still you have to have your say:confused:

No, serious question I put to you, and you sorted out the confusion...apart from the Great Ouse :)

I have never managed to fish anywhere for Barbel except for the Ribble and the Yorks rivers, oh, and the Trent, and tbh I dont think any of them have the potential to produce a record, big fish yes, a record, no.On that basis I have not voted.

I will be quite interested in the poll results though.

Dave

I'm inclined to think a new record could well be a long time coming, at least a decade. That said, there's a certain lump in the Nene that might come close if it keeps growing.

Jeff knowing your catching exploits you post on the Severn thread ?
With the present record standing at 16lb 11 ozs for the Severn .

We all know the Lower Severn has the potential to throw up a very big fish ? One even bigger than the present record ?

I would be curious to know if you would report it ? and even post a picture of you holding your capture ?

Jeff knowing your catching exploits you post on the Severn thread ?
With the present record standing at 16lb 11 ozs for the Severn .

We all know the Lower Severn has the potential to throw up a very big fish ? One even bigger than the present record ?

I would be curious to know if you would report it ? and even post a picture of you holding your capture ?

Good question Joe.....one I've personally contemplated whilst watching the rod tips..... I would keep it quiet I think, Adams mill got a lot of pressure during the heydays. That said the lower Severn is a much bigger venue....but I would still keep it very low key.

I think that's what brings me back time and time again to Sabrina......the what if????.

I take it that the 17lb 9oz that was claimed got rejected then?? Was it Mark Doherty? ?

Yes it was and rightly so, Kev Gittens remains the record, and rightly so, as was Howard Maddocks the previous holder, both keen as mustard and deserving of their records.

Thankfully the frauds like Doherty and co: are found out by close scrutiny.

Jeff have you decided what Ouse you have chosen? Only in the poll it just states Ouse. You mentioned Adams Mill to Joe, do you intend the Ouse to be the Great Ouse then?

It's got to be the Trent for me. Reports of fish 17lb plus over last couple of seaons shows it's potential for throwing up a record fish.

Dave

Personally i think its peaked with the demise of the Ivel and the Ouse, if the Trent or the Thames were going to produce a record we would have seen more fish near the 20lb mark, but we haven't.

Jeff,

Are you able to add other rivers? I'd put an outside each-way bet on somewhere like the Arun/Rother or even the Taff

I'd love it to be the Severn though...

Yes it was and rightly so, Kev Gittens remains the record, and rightly so, as was Howard Maddocks the previous holder, both keen as mustard and deserving of their records.

Thankfully the frauds like Doherty and co: are found out by close scrutiny.

Jeff have you decided what Ouse you have chosen? Only in the poll it just states Ouse. You mentioned Adams Mill to Joe, do you intend the Ouse to be the Great Ouse then?

Doherty has since moved on Neil, he's now catching 4lb chub that weigh 7lb, and 6lb bream that weigh 12 and 13lb. I also think the record has peaked as Russell says, no where is going to throw up a 21, or a 20 for that matter. I don't think the Severn has one either.

Depends on the extent of the furry plague I suppose.

Are we asking which river will produce THE record or which river will break its own record?

Back