• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The End of an Era in Christchurch

Looking forward to it, especially a few pints and a chin wag! you will have to give me a full report of the fishing because i wont be able to do any untill next season now!;);)

Hi all,

I believe the Standard Bengal will indeed be the venue once again!

See you all there.

Good luck to everyone for the end of the season.

Best regards,

Cat and Jeff

I don't think anyone goes in the Royalty anymore?

Jeff

Myself and two friends did on Friday evening:p
We were down for a couple of days on Throop and that nice Mr Wilson organised for the pub to do us an evening meal.
The pub was very quiet and the food was very cheap , too cheap , however it was
actually very good.
Thanks Brian.
Try doing something about the fishing next time :rolleyes:

Richard

Hi Richard,
glad to help mate, you should have taken Keith Little with you, he's been struggling for a bite all week.
Brian.

Well the Royalty Inn finally shut its doors for the last time on Sunday.

Planning permission was apparently granted to turn it into flats this week.

:(

It's the way of the world unfortunately, pubs can't run on sentiment, they need regulars. And, people need homes to lock themselves away in while they drink their cheap supermarket booze while they bitch and brag to each other on facebook.
That's me done posting for tonight, I'm hitting the shower and heading off to the local for steak and red wine and a couple of pints of whatever the guest ale is tonight.

Shame.

Fond memories.
I remember Fred and Ray doing that TV show piece about extra barbules.
And those jacket potatoes mmmmm.

I was only down there the other day spotting the sign outside thinking what a history.

It's the way of the world unfortunately, pubs can't run on sentiment, they need regulars. And, people need homes to lock themselves away in while they drink their cheap supermarket booze while they bitch and brag to each other on facebook.
That's me done posting for tonight, I'm hitting the shower and heading off to the local for steak and red wine and a couple of pints of whatever the guest ale is tonight.

Ade the guest alle sounds good to me; I will join you. We is swapping the food for me chucking Mrs Gruff round the dance floor!

Rock n Roll is here to stay
It will never die.

Back