• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The End of an Era in Christchurch

Sad day indeed but unfortunately it has been the pub with no beer for a while now, so when in Christchurch I now use the Railway just up the road.
Count me in for the curry Jeff, be great to catch up & have an evening of fine dining & sophisticated conversation!!!
Kev

Count me in for the curry Jeff, be great to catch up & have an evening of fine dining & sophisticated conversation!!!
Kev

Sophisticated conversation? :D

FFS don't sit on our table then Kev!

And a public thank you to Jeff & Cat for acquiring and returning the old Royalty signs back home.

We all really appreciated that Jeff. Ta

Who's in for the end of season curry this year? The Indian Tree in Ringwood has been mooted. All welcome but numbers will be limited. First come first served!

Count me and Cat in.

Date will be Saturday 9th March.

Nigel, are you taking the bookings, deposits again?

Happy to take bookings, depostits etc but I don't think Ringwood would be a goer what with taxi's etc. Getting you lot out of the pubs and into the curry house is already like trying to herd cats.

More like it Kevin!

Where do you suggest Nigel?

Standard Bengal again?

With regard to the signs, happy to have been in the right place at the right time.
Sadly, I don't actually remember them on the fishery. i was too busy chasing pussy in Spain! I'm glad they're back on the fishery and look forward to seeing them up this summer, even if it is in the rod room!

Best regards as ever,

Jeff and Cat

Count me and denise in for the curry jeffers! and dont forget you promised to take cat to sunday lunch at the captains club this year!!:D:D:D

That is sad i had a few pints over the visits i had down to Throop and the royalty over the years and chatted with some realy nice people hope some one comes along to bring it back to life, Christchurch could add to its portfolia class it as a fishery requirement.
Mazo (essex man)

Latest news suggests the Royalty Inn is reopening tomorrow under new management?

Jeff

Correct Jeff, it re-opens tomorrow at 12:00 :D

The new tenants have been furiously decorating and cleaning the place from top to bottom and all the old booths have gone. They initially won't be offering food until they get the kitchen sorted out, more importantly six kegs of beer were delivered yesterday!

Word has been put out amongst the local anglers and hopefully there will be a bunch of the old faces in there from 1pm to show them some support. Anyone reading this who fancies coming along, please do.

No more B&B apparently as they don't have the room upstairs.

That's a crushing blow to those who have sampled the delights of this popular hostilry over the years. I was never (un) fortunate to stay there but over the years, i know many have and no doudt they car tell a few tails?

Regards,
Jeff

Opening never happened on Saturday on police advice due to a bunch of travellers setting up in the nearby magistrates car park. :(

Back