• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The End of an Era in Christchurch

Opening never happened on Saturday on police advice due to a bunch of travellers setting up in the nearby magistrates car park. :(

Does anyone know why they are referred to as "travellers" as they always seem to be where they are not wanted and loath to travel anywhere without a court order................

Great news about someone taking over the pub.
Roll on the good times.

Hi Nigel hope you and Helen are well, do you think six barrels will be enough hope that's a daily order for when we come down.

The travellers moved on and the Royalty finally re-opened and Doug has been re-installed in place. ;)

Plenty of beer but no food until - hopefully - middle of next week when they get the kitchen finally sorted. Really nice couple have taken over, lets hope both regulars and visiting anglers support them.

Looking forward to meeting up with Dave, Lorraine and everyone else to once again talk fishing and drink beer in there.

Hi Dave,

Are you coming down to fish or just the Curry?

Looking forward to it already.

Standard Bengal Nigel?

Maybe the pub could do a curry?

What do you think?

Jeff

As long as Kim is ok (had a lot of problems lately but not too bad at the moment) I will be there. Hoping to get down for a couple of days later this week as not been able to wet a line since mid December!

Standard Bengal Nigel?

Maybe the pub could do a curry?

I was thinking mela, big enough to take us all and the food is a darned sight better that the Sandard is throwing together recently.

I'll ask the pub if you think people would be ok with an 'english' curry?

Hi Nigel,

I really don't mind so long as it's edible!

What does everyone else think, Mela or Pub?

Dave,

No worries, we'll see you there.

J+C

Hi Jeff

Hopefully I will be there Jeff, I have my wife's carer booked to cover 4 nights so that's sorted. Kim has been through a bad patch the last month but is much better at the moment so if she carries on ok, I will be there. :)

Don't mind where we eat as long as we can have a laugh & a few beers, a kebab will do me!!

Hi Ken,

Always room for a small one!

Mela it is Bazzer!

Kevin,

Hope things improve for you and Kim.

Will be great to see you and everyone else again!

Best regards,

Jeff

Back