• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Best T.V. Fishing presenters

What was the program that had a wellington full of maggots in the title sequence and a big old lump who used to proclaim 200 channels and nothing to watch before smashing the **** out of the satellite dish with an axe and doing a video review?

Screaming reels

What was the program that had a wellington full of maggots in the title sequence and a big old lump who used to proclaim 200 channels and nothing to watch before smashing the **** out of the satellite dish with an axe and doing a video review?

I liked that one. I also liked Matt and Mick in the first rod race programs and the chasing records series they did. I also enjoyed Total fishing, there were some classic bits on there, especially the reviews, the one where Mick Brown, Stoney and Gord Burton I think made tea had me in stitches.

Think it was screaming reels Adrian. Channel 4 I think. That was pretty good. Wasn't there an episode with Mr Walton, wandering along the Avon.

Screaming reels, that was the one, there was always something interesting on there.

PS, Dave T, It's not alleged, the bloke was found guilty.

Screaming reels, that was the one, there was always something interesting on there.

PS, Dave T, It's not alleged, the bloke was found guilty.

It was tongue in cheek Adrian;)

What was the series where they all paired up and had to catch as many different species as poss. ?
I remember the late Clive Gammon getting tunnel vision over salmon and his fishing partner getting the right hump.
Was it also a young Jim Gibbonson who always got seasick on the last day of the comp. when they all went out to sea?:rolleyes:

john wilson, he did a bit of everything, fishing stick float, waggler, feeder fishing, fly, and carp fishing cover a lot of ground and kept things easy,and always had a laugh,and used maggots and casters to good affect,
chris yates, centre pin man more traditional fishing, and again easy going kept things simple, gave me the inpression he loved being out also he liked his wine, lol

Think it was screaming reels Adrian. Channel 4 I think. That was pretty good. Wasn't there an episode with Mr Walton, wandering along the Avon.

Funny enough was just watching that, he was rolling meat with the presenter Nick.....on the HA, very well presented, although I am at loss as to why the wardrobe dept decided to dress Ray in a Barbour Coat ,wellies, shorts and no shirt:D

I tried to emulate that look and decided it wasn't for me:)

Funny enough was just watching that, he was rolling meat with the presenter Nick.....on the HA, very well presented, although I am at loss as to why the wardrobe dept decided to dress Ray in a Barbour Coat ,wellies, shorts and no shirt:D

Oh yes, I remember that! He looked like an estranged member of the Goodies.

It was tongue in cheek Adrian;)

What was the series where they all paired up and had to catch as many different species as poss. ?
I remember the late Clive Gammon getting tunnel vision over salmon and his fishing partner getting the right hump.
Was it also a young Jim Gibbonson who always got seasick on the last day of the comp. when they all went out to sea?:rolleyes:

That was the first Fishing race, the late Ian Gillespie telling Gibbo there was two stages of sea sickness , 1st stage yer scared yer going to die, the 2nd stage yer scared yer NOT going to die :D, Also the great Terry Eustace telling all what a Natroilly gifted angler he was :) They don't make stuff like that any more, they really don't :D

That was the first Fishing race, the late Ian Gillespie telling Gibbo there was two stages of sea sickness , 1st stage yer scared yer going to die, the 2nd stage yer scared yer NOT going to die :D, Also the great Terry Eustace telling all what a Natroilly gifted angler he was :) They don't make stuff like that any more, they really don't :D

Ah, well done done Simon,..yes great stuff,..how long ago was that!?:D

I have never seen Ray when he didn't look as though he had slept under a hedge.

I must say that I am surprised that no one mentioned Jeremy Wade and river monsters, everyone has been moaning about the state of the rivers this year, but after watching the countless repeats of River Monsters, I still can't believe what he puts his self through to catch a fish, could I fish in those conditions ? .............the answer would be NO.
Brian.

River Monsters is an interesting watch, and Jeremy Wade seems an excellent fisherman, and always careful in his handling. But some of the stuff is pretty exaggerated...man eating eels etc

Hi James, I can't believe you wrote about the man eating eels, that had to be the worst episode, and one that I did not like, you are right, some of it is vastly exaggerated, but it does make for a good watch, I bet some of the none anglers cringe.
Brian.

Back