• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Angling Trust are you a member?

Neil Blood

Given that BFW has a new thread every week, outlining issues that are a threat to our beloved sport, I'm curious to know how many BFW members are members of the Angling Trust and if not a member then why not?

Using avian predation as an example, remember that the RSPB (of which I'm a member) has over one million members and when they are against further culling controls for avian fish predation, this becomes a strong body within the argument and one which the disorganised world of angling will struggle to compete with!

Im not but will be in the near future using the monthly direct debit scheme.

I have been for years. Pay by direct debit, never even miss the money going out. I've little time for the conscientious objectors but no doubt they will trot their arguments out on this thread, given half the chance.

I am a member. I held back for quite some time because I wasn't too happy with the way things happened/developed at first...but in the end, I saw no option. We NEED a strong body to represent us at government level, which is something we have never had in the entire history of angling. As a result, we are viewed (quite rightly) as a leaderless bunch of moaners, dismissed out of hand as a toothless tiger, with no influence whatsoever in government planning regarding our nations waters. There have been many occasions when course fishing representatives were no even invited to attend meetings/discussions on vital issues that affected waterways/fisheries, although canoeists etc. were....how sad is that? If the AT is not to be our chosen representative body...then who is? Suggestions anyone? Make them strong by joining...then address any issues you may have from within. I see NO other options.

Cheers, Dave.

Back