• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

tench fishing

Nice double !

My first this Spring / Summer. I've lost several good fish to hook pulls and have had a huge run of blanks to get to this fish. Hopefully I'll pick up a few now I've broken my duck.

6.12 male fish.

IMG_2557.jpg

Duncan.

Nice fish Duncan. Lovely colours.

Been taking an air rifle along and doing some target practice to help pass the time on those blanks by any chance?! :D

Hi Guys,
Had a morning session at Napton Res this morning,the wind had dropped and it was overcast and bingo they were feeding 28 Tench best fish about 7ish, average fish about 4lbs.
Plus a nice real Crucian of about 3lbs all on the waggler on casters great fun and they were still feeding when i had to pack up mid morning ......give it ago
Dave

Blimey Dave, you must be spoilt if you don't weigh 3lb crucians! :)

Unfortunately Stuart wasn’t very organised this morning SCALES & CAMERA in other bag in garage ! So had to guess the weights dont think i was far out as fished there for years and the Crucians are about 3lbs when you get one in there …..Plenty in there but thousands of Tench to get through to get to them.
Dave

i fancied a change yesterday so i got the old match gear out & went for a few carp on a private pool near me. i had 15 upto about 9lb but i also had a PB. tench of about 6lb, (not a big tench i know) i was well pleased, especially as the pool is not known to hold too many tench at all.
well done to 'owd' phil too for catching his first carp & a roach about a pound & half. (a lovely fin perfect fish)

Hoping to have an evening at the Tench on my syndicate lake. The Tench in the lake are pretty unfished for but have been caught to over 7lb by the carp lads. It's a clear and weedy gravel pit so i'm planning to try and find some deeper margins and rake a spot clear before float fishing over it in the evening:)

Back