• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tench 2022

Cheers Bill
Is there any point treating tench that have what look like sores with klinic or whatever it is called ,,does it work given the slime factor ?

Cheers Bill
Is there any point treating tench that have what look like sores with klinic or whatever it is called ,,does it work given the slime factor ?
There lays a very good question Mark. I carry a kit ā€˜cos the club rules say I have to (mainly aimed at the carp guys but because I risk encountering cypry I donā€™t want to loose my ticket). If it doesnā€™t harm the fish, and I assume that this has been looked into, I will apply it if a Tinca looks in need. Will be interesting if I can identify any fish as repeat captures to see the effect.

I am away at work so my 2022 tenching has ended. No dangling now until the rivers open. My best at 9.03 lb. For some reason the tenching (nationwide) this spring has been the best for years
A cracking best Ady. Shame youā€™ve had to turn it in for the year.

Six n half hours this morning on my home pit. One Tench, a female, of 6-06 a Common Carp of 11-01 and quite a few Roach most of which were decent. I headed for home at 1:30pm as it is very hot and also helping a mate move a gas stove a bit later. Wonā€™t be going now ā€˜till Friday when I go to Medway Valley. Have still got hopes of a nine šŸ¤ž

Iā€™ve been grafting away on a local gravel pit in an attempt to up my pb of 7.14 caught from Sywell about 25 years ago, when I last had a brief go for them. After a few decent sessions and many blanks, I finally managed a fish of 9.06. Very happy. Going to have a few more sessions in the hope of an 8 and then move onto upping my Rudd pb, which is also in need of attention.

Iā€™ve been grafting away on a local gravel pit in an attempt to up my pb of 7.14 caught from Sywell about 25 years ago, when I last had a brief go for them. After a few decent sessions and many blanks, I finally managed a fish of 9.06. Very happy. Going to have a few more sessions in the hope of an 8 and then move onto upping my Rudd pb, which is also in need of attention.
Many congrats on the new PB Nick. That is some fish. Perseverance paid off šŸ‘šŸ‘

There were far better anglers than me struggling Michael. The rangers stopped for a chat and said that not a lot had been caught for a week or so! Mind you the impact of 35 anglers all raking, spodding and casting is enough to put most things to flight. Lovely place though

There's always next year Bill šŸ™‚. All things considered, I think I enjoy my tenching April-May, more than anything these days.
April & May, sounds right. Its gone right off last couple of weeks, where I am. Very weedy, don't know if that's just coincidence.

Forgot this

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_155308.jpg
    IMG_20220615_155308.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 118
We knew weā€™d be finished by 14:30 today so I put the gear in the van this morning.
Once finished we headed to the little lake for what might the last chance of netting the mythical 6lb from this venue. With reports of two 6ā€™s captured we were hopeful.
It was hard going once again with Nathan blanking for the first time. Heā€™s managed
A tench almost every time upto today.
With no luck on the tench front for myself I thought Iā€™d try our nutty homemade boilie for a carp. But to my surprise a tench took the bait,a real warrior half itā€™s dorsal missing a chunk out of its tail it gave a good account of its self it took the scales to 5.4.
I have to say Iā€™ve enjoyed these sessions theyā€™ve been great fun Iam probably going to carry on with a few sessions here and there šŸ‘šŸ»

Attachments

• 646B92EF-C5CC-46A1-9A6C-12D529415DF1.jpeg
    646B92EF-C5CC-46A1-9A6C-12D529415DF1.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 103
I think I'll target a river Tench this summer. Might even get back on the gravel pit I've been fishing, if the weed receeds and after spawning. Enjoyed this thread. Some good fish been banked. Think it's safe to say. Bill is a Tench king. He's had a blinding couple of months.
Good luck on the rivers all.

I think I'll target a river Tench this summer. Might even get back on the gravel pit I've been fishing, if the weed receeds and after spawning. Enjoyed this thread. Some good fish been banked. Think it's safe to say. Bill is a Tench king. He's had a blinding couple of months.
Good luck on the rivers all.
Bill is definitely the tench king no doubt šŸ˜‰ I managed a river tench last year from the d/stour Michael it went 5.12
I was working today but my son hit the river he had chub at 5.6&4.0 šŸŽ£
Good Luck in your river quest šŸ‘

Back