• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Temu

Just to be clear, the Temu app is loaded with spyware but buying from Temu is fairly safe? I recently bought an item from them without a hitch but I didn't use the app. Is it any different to ebay?

Just to be clear, the Temu app is loaded with spyware but buying from Temu is fairly safe? I recently bought an item from them without a hitch but I didn't use the app. Is it any different to ebay?

No. Your information is already out there unless you never register anywhere on the internet.

I'm not a big believer in "conspiracy theories" but you have to ask yourself, even allowing for economies of scale, there is no way Temu are making money out of the sale of products.
So, you have to wonder why are they selling stuff at below cost?
Data harvesting is the obvious reason. Personally I object to my private information being used by companies or governments, but have to concede that, these days, its difficult to avoid.
I'm not on Facebook or Instagram but use other Social Media sites. We are all "drawn" into them.
If you don't mind having your personal data being sold/used by all and sundry, then buy the stuff. Its cheap and we all love a bargain.
Not for me though.

Back