• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Temu

Mike Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Seen a couple of comments on here 're Temu. Looking at their prices they almost look to good to be true. Has anyone purchased from them. If so how was your experience ?
Thanks

That bloody site has cost me a small fortune, nothing but good experiences so far, some amazing gadgets on there, and very very cheap. Delivery is normally 8 - 10 days. If its late, they give you a £5 credit. Expecting another delivery in the next few days. Thumbs up from me 👍

Yes ive had quite a few bits off there.
Some of the deals like a drone for £3.50 seem unreal but every thing has turned up so far. A lot quicker than ali express arrives in just over a week.

I must admit I've seen loads of adverts for this and always thought it was a scam due to the price and the constant adverts

It's a simple but complex matter of consumer choice.

It is wholly owned by a Chinese holding company and has no products of its own to sell. Its business model is simply based online with products sourced from a massive network of suppliers along the lines of Amazon, Ebay and others. But in TEMU's case, all those suppliers are based in China. The origin of some of those suppliers and products is hidden. Researchers and regulators are increasingly linking the production of some of TEMU's products with the Xinjiang Province (google it!). TEMU then has the ability to ship those products around the world at incredibly low cost from China to its various international distribution sites. It has quickly grown country by country on the back of a massive targeted advertising budget and is expanding at a rate.

I have ordered quite a bit from them, some is good some is not but you should not be expecting top quality at those prices.

I suggest you click away and put stuff in your basket, then do nothing for a couple of days, then re-visit your basket and see if you really did want what you selected before :)

It's very easy to get click happy :D

Mega bright titanium/laser torch, zoom flood strobe, side light, flashing blue and red like a police car 🤣 . Another, a 6 inch chain saw which fits into a drill, brilliant on small branches and bushes. They also do a 4 inch, but why have 4 inches when you can have 6. ;)

Since I am Chinese, I guess I have more to say about this website? The quality of some products on this website is not good, it is much worse than what you buy in China, and of course, much cheaper. I am always wondering why they sell all these low quality staff to overseas...
Some of the products are good, but you need to know how to distinguish them from the rest...

Since I am Chinese, I guess I have more to say about this website? The quality of some products on this website is not good, it is much worse than what you buy in China, and of course, much cheaper. I am always wondering why they sell all these low quality staff to overseas...
Some of the products are good, but you need to know how to distinguish them from the rest...

Have you actually bought from the site Huanzhou, or just assuming the quality is poor? Based solely on the price, anyone would assume the same.

Just ordered some brown hair rollers at 40mm obviously not for my hair... but my cage feeders, 3 squid!! Bargain!
Chris.

I recall reading recently that Temu are currently shipping orders with an average loss of $30 per order, which seems rather baffling. Never used them myself but I have used Banggood and found then to be remarkably good products and VFM.

Just looking through the fishing stuff I see that in true Chinese knock off fashion, Owner Iseama hooks have now changed their name to “Owler Iseama”😉

The PVA mesh looks ridiculously cheap. I’ve always used Carp Craze but at that price I’m tempted to make up an order. Anyone tried it?

I recall reading recently that Temu are currently shipping orders with an average loss of $30 per order, which seems rather baffling. Never used them myself but I have used Banggood and found then to be remarkably good products and VFM.

Just looking through the fishing stuff I see that in true Chinese knock off fashion, Owner Iseama hooks have now changed their name to “Owler Iseama”😉

The PVA mesh looks ridiculously cheap. I’ve always used Carp Craze but at that price I’m tempted to make up an order. Anyone tried it?
I've used cheap PVA before and it doesn't melt! But a small amount to test?

Back