• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Temu

Ordered three items a week ago. They arrived this morning and although not yet tested, they look to be good quality and great value for money.

My laser pointer arrived today, only problem is, it's just a torch, they sent the wrong item and returning it is a pain in the arse:mad:

Got a few more bits due tomorrow, not holding my breath!

My laser pointer arrived today, only problem is, it's just a torch, they sent the wrong item and returning it is a pain in the arse:mad:

Got a few more bits due tomorrow, not holding my breath!
Bob, just get in touch with them, they,ll tell you to keep it, as it will be too costly to return it, they will then send you the correct item, or credit you with the value.

Bob, just get in touch with them, they,ll tell you to keep it, as it will be too costly to return it, they will then send you the correct item, or credit you with the value.
Just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes talking to Himlay about my order, long story short, feck Temu!! He was obtuse beyond belief, I asked them to send the correct item out and all he was asking about was how I wanted to send the item back and how I wanted the refund. I told him multiple times that I was keeping the wrong item, didn't require a refund, just send the correct item, make sure it is the correct item and I'll pay for it.

Yes but do you want to use DPD, royal mail or veri to return your item,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,🥴

IMG_1589.png
I brought one of these to stick in my bag to maybe try with some self takes in the dark. It’s extremely bright for its size. It’s got a little magnet on the back so should be able to stick it to your chair leg or bank stick or something

Bought a few bits and pieces recently and one item bore no resemblance to what was shown online so I tentatively applied for a return at about 7pm in the evening. I had a message back within a couple of minutes advising a refund had been actioned and that I didn’t have to return the item! The money was back into my account at 6am the following morning….I was well impressed 👍

Rubbish quality but excellent returns service , so buy with confidence.🙄
Agree some of the quality is iffy Neil but paying no more than a quid or two per item I didn’t expect Harrods type stuff. What I was impressed with was the quick refund, expected a drawn out faff to get my £6-99 back but came as posted. Won’t be spending a fortune with ‘em! 🤣

I'm not being funny but I detest buying cheap Chinese rubbish and will avoid all the time I can. It's bad enough to see that most of that find in most of the shops we frequent comes from there but would rather not find myself giving power to such a state.

They're following a well established business plan. Lookout for fwisko.com and, as time progresses, several other variants... All roads (links) lead to TEMU! If today's internet had been around at the time, F.W. Woolworths would be there, in your face, with glossy banner headline products of every kind!

Bought a couple of items off them recently - a portaloo and a bivvy fan - unbranded carbon copies (from the same factory) as the carp branded 'Wolf' items but a fraction of the price.

Wolf Voltair Bivvy Fan - £60 / Temu version £3 - Wolf Compact Portaloo - £60 / Temu version £20 . . . . . . ridiculous and shows the extent of carp tax!

Their 200 solid PVA, 10 x 13 cm bags for £4.88 are really good quality at a silly price if you are after some

They are simply harvesting your data and correlating it with everything else you do on the internet. They know you will never spend a fortune on it, the business model is around data and only data. Data is oil.

I understand some generations of ladies and gents wouldn't have too much of a strong opinion either way, but if anyone is interested in advice from a data privacy expert, I would avoid these sites like the plague.

The discount shopping site gathers a broad array of data, including personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, and social media profiles, as well as technical data such as operating systems, IP addresses, and GPS locations (if allowed).

Alarmingly, Temu’s data collection doesn’t end there. The app also amasses information from third-party sources, including sellers on its platform, public records, social media, data brokers, credit bureaus, and marketing partners, adding more layers to its data mining activities.

Edit: If anyone has actually downloaded and used the app for this vendor;

The app requests 24 permissions on your device, including access to your Wi-Fi network info, Bluetooth, photos and videos, contact info and payment details. Yikes.

The phrase if it's too good to be true.... seems apt.

Last edited:
They are simply harvesting your data and correlating it with everything else you do on the internet. They know you will never spend a fortune on it, the business model is around data and only data. Data is oil.

I understand some generations of ladies and gents wouldn't have too much of a strong opinion either way, but if anyone is interested in advice from a data privacy expert, I would avoid these sites like the plague.

The discount shopping site gathers a broad array of data, including personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, and social media profiles, as well as technical data such as operating systems, IP addresses, and GPS locations (if allowed).

Alarmingly, Temu’s data collection doesn’t end there. The app also amasses information from third-party sources, including sellers on its platform, public records, social media, data brokers, credit bureaus, and marketing partners, adding more layers to its data mining activities.

Edit: If anyone has actually downloaded and used the app for this vendor;

The app requests 24 permissions on your device, including access to your Wi-Fi network info, Bluetooth, photos and videos, contact info and payment details. Yikes.

The phrase if it's too good to be true.... seems apt.
Yes. You are basically dealing with the Chinese Government as all data collected is sent to the Government System by law.

Back