• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Talk about peaking too early.

I think we’ve all asked ourselves countless times what is it that keeps us coming back especially on the lower stock waters with strict time allowances.
On my own it’s simple…… just 1 bite and it can make up for several blanks when things are tough but with your kids it’s a whole other level of make or break.
When they blank, your more disappointed as your feeling it for them as well as yourself but it’s a valuable lesson for them to learn to be patient and not give up.
But on those rare occasions when something special happens and they hit a home run, you Simply can’t describe it.

When the other two lads come walking past to congratulate him on his achievement and had said it was a blank for them I looked at Josh and saw the little cheeky smirk on his face it was an absolute picture.

In the memory box for that one. Stick Christmas Day right up your arse he won’t be smiling to the same extent I can guarantee it 😎
I can guess the shape of his Christmas present already 😂

Fantastic Richard and a big well done to Josh. I wish I'd walked down to see you before I left.
It’s been great meeting you on the bank this week Mark.
Inspirational actually with what you’ve been doing recently.
I’ll be down again at some point next week so hopefully we’ll catch up again soon.
Cheers mate. 👍🏻

Fantastic, well done Josh and dad. What a nice read :)

What a great result for him and you. I'd be glad of a 3lber out of the nene at the minute. Great work and many more trips like that for the both of you.

Back