• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spopper wanted

Jameel Khan

Given it's gonna be a while befor i'm looking to use it , but have just geared myself up with a spod rod and reel and after a couple of spoppers to finish the setup off . Having read some good reviews on how they perform , and seem to work , thought i'd give it ago . Only seen them on one site on ebay and have to say they look to be extremely well made . Any feedback from anyone who's used these , or from anywhere else would be greatly appreciated thankyou .

Sorry Jameel, but Christophe stopped making them over 6 months ago so its best to try making your own unless someone takes on the production (seem to remember something mentioned about this)

Last edited:
I bought one off eBay which cost me about £30. I wouldn’t say it was well made but it works and that’s all that matters really.

Do they work any better. than a large open ended feeder, which are much much cheaper ??? You can still present the same feed, with a plug of groundbait at each end, just a thought. 🙂

Do they work any better. than a large open ended feeder, which are much much cheaper ??? You can still present the same feed, with a plug of groundbait at each end, just a thought. 🙂
yes miles better and faster more precise couple of swings you get in a rhythm and can put a bed of hemp maggots groundbait boilies whatever you want very fast exactly where you want it

I have one for far bank swims which a bait dropper struggles you reach - spoppers cast much better than droppers. For close in work I use ground bait or a dropper ( don’t want to risk losing my spopper).

I make them too, I got the original mould off the man whom invented them, I do make them for other people too, if anyone is interested, however working fulltime and quite a bit of fishing to get in before the season ends, you might have to wait a week or 2. 20191024_185904.jpg

Nice one Jon, that’s a much more professional job than the one I bought off eBay. If I lose mine I know who to come to.

I have one made by the inventor.......... actually I had one of the first batch he made then about 8 months later when I had a small problem with it he said post it back to me I have modified them since that first batch
I will upgrade it it was back to me in 3 days no charge ! then he simply got over run with making them so he has stopped but luckily
Our Jon as posted above makes them and dare I say it slightly better as I have one he made me Big smile !

There’s a chap selling them for £16 plus postage on eBay. Got mine yesterday and it’s bang on other than the colour! Mine’s blue but it’s pot luck what comes I suspect. He goes under the handle of “ironheadjd” and is from Nottingham. Mine weighs 4oz which is ok for me, I notice he lists some others for £18 which MIGHT be heavier. Worth a look if you are wanting one chaps, just search spopper 👍

There’s a chap selling them for £16 plus postage on eBay. Got mine yesterday and it’s bang on other than the colour! Mine’s blue but it’s pot luck what comes I suspect. He goes under the handle of “ironheadjd” and is from Nottingham. Mine weighs 4oz which is ok for me, I notice he lists some others for £18 which MIGHT be heavier. Worth a look if you are wanting one chaps, just search spopper 👍

Mine has just arrived (ordered on Monday) I was going to make one but for £15 (he'll take an offer) + £3.50 postage I couldn't be bothered.
The smaller one can be cast with a barbel rod (he uses his 1.75lb) but the bigger (£18 one) needs a spod rod.
Mine's red

Mine has just arrived (ordered on Monday) I was going to make one but for £15 (he'll take an offer) + £3.50 postage I couldn't be bothered.
The smaller one can be cast with a barbel rod (he uses his 1.75lb) but the bigger (£18 one) needs a spod rod.
Mine's red
Would you consider them to be well made Vince . I've seen some on ebay for nearly double that price , for which i don't mind paying . I wanna order a few different sizes and weights , just need to know they're gonna last thanks .

Back