• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spopper wanted

Just made a couple up this morning, if you want one pm me. These are the large ones.

No problem Terry. You can gladly had the first one that rolls off my bench.
I’m starting out with reasonably large ones, I’ve ordered 4 large cheapo spombs.
I wont know the weight till after I fill it with lead.
I’ll do something a little different and offer them in a sensible colour. (Green, brown, black) if I’m feeling adventurous I may do a camo one made up of all 3.
Where have you ordered your spombs from Richard?

I'm in the process of making spoppers, get my spods from wish.com

The difficulties I have come across are getting the lead weight right and making moulds that are suitable for repeatable results, the other issue is drilling the lead, I have found that to be quite difficult to do well.

A friend of mine is hooking me up with a few copy spombs to start with. I’ll find a better supplier if they prove popular. Depends entirely on how they come out. If I can’t get the quality I want then it’s a non starter for someone like me. I’m quite particular about stuff I send out.

I'm in the process of making spoppers, get my spods from wish.com

The difficulties I have come across are getting the lead weight right and making moulds that are suitable for repeatable results, the other issue is drilling the lead, I have found that to be quite difficult to do well.
Stick a lump of 3.2mm tungsten into the mould before you pour then pull it out once set. No drilling required

I bought one from an eBay guy to look at closely. Not bad at all but I can see little areas for improvement
Also gave me the opportunity to try out some colour schemes and more of importantly test the robustness of my finish.
64B99251-AC50-4339-A78D-0544F9D8A713.jpeg

Just made a couple up this morning, if you want one pm me. These are the large ones.
Jon,
A mate is interested and has me “goffering” for him! How much please ?
Regards
Bill

I wont make em that cheap.
No problem at all if those that have asked me want to buy Jons and save some brass.
I wont know till I’ve got everything together but I’d imagine I’ll be doing them individually at £20 posted

You can crack on as far I'm concerned Richard, I've seen the quality and attention to detail of the various modifications you have made so I'm in for £20. And by that I mean absolutely no disrespect to Jon whatsoever who I'm sure will be producing some good-un's.

I think I'll avoid the camo though in case I put in down on the bank and lose it!

I was planning on using a spopper for baiting up for tench this season in deeper water, I think it will be ideal for giving a tight spread of particles. Its amazing how even in 9-10ft of water how particles can spread out by the time they have fallen down from the surface with a standard spomb or spod.

You can crack on as far I'm concerned Richard, I've seen the quality and attention to detail of the various modifications you have made so I'm in for £20. And by that I mean absolutely no disrespect to Jon whatsoever who I'm sure will be producing some good-un's.

I think I'll avoid the camo though in case I put in down on the bank and lose it!
You can have it any colour you like joe. The camo was just to see what can be done if wanted.
I can do you a fluorescent yellow one if you need to keep it in sight.
Mr blobby design perhaps 😂
You’ll never lose that one. 🤣

Back