• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news....is this the same Steve from Here?

Steve was found about 200 yards downstream from where he was fishing on Lower Benyons blue section.

It is great to see so many comments about safety on the river and it should act as a reminder to us all not to take risks.

I should say though that the river was at normal winter level and pace, the banks were not particulary slippery, just normal coditions that would not be perceived as any different from a standard days fishing.

However Steve was a non swimmer, and whatever the actual cause of him ending up in the water, that's something that other non swimming anglers should really think about and take extra care.

Graham

Sickening to think, that someone who loved to be on the bank, should lose his life there. R.I.P Steve. Condolences to his family and friends.

I’m sorry to hear about Steve’s passing, I will miss the occasional discussion with him. I will also echo Grahams warning about safety at the waterside. Wearing a buoyancy aid isn’t being a wimp but commence To his family and friends my condolences R.I.P Steve

Rest in peace Steve,thanks to the Rescue services for doing what must have been a difficult job,to recover him.We need to all use this and keith's sad story as a wake up call. Andy, is there any way we can have a collection for a wreath.

I'm so sorry to read of this tragedy. I, like everyone else was praying for a different outcome. Rest in peace Steve.

I've added something to the bfw shop that allows anyone that wants to, to donate towards a wreath for Steve.

Barbel Fishing World Online Shop

If we get more than we need for a wreath, I think we should donate to a charity nominated by Steve's family.

Andy F

Back