• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news....is this the same Steve from Here?

Sad news condolences to all family and friends....

Guess after first couple of days we all knew what the outcome would be but now its real it hits home , RIP mate and condolences to his family , saddest day for along time :(

Condolences

My sincere condolences go out to Steve's family and friends at this dreadful time.

A brother angler is lost to us all but fishes on in paradise.

Tragic news. My thoughts to all his family at this very sad time. Never good to loose one of our barbel family. RIP.

Very sad news, thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Tragic, very tragic. After following the many threads you keep hoping even though fearing the worst. My sincere condolences to his nearest and dearest. With the river changes recently, please all take care.

Very, very sad news always had the glimmer of hope he would be found safe and well. Condolences to all his family and friends.

R. I. P Steve never knew you but my condolences to your family very sad indeed.

Never knew Steve but the loss of a fellow angler is a sad day. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

This had been on my mind all week, accentuated by the fact that I fished the same stretch for 2 seasons. Didn't know Steve but sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Awful news :-(

Yes very sad. I knew Steve for a number of years and had chatted to him on the bank on the day that he went missing and was on the same bank again when he was found today.

I must record my appreciation of the RDAA baliff team led by Del, who used a boat today and finally located Steve's body. A horrendous task and one I couldn't have undertaken.

My sincere condolences to his Family, friends and also to his fishing pals.

I'll miss him. RIP Steve.

Graham

My heart fell when I saw that this thread had lept to the top of the page. My sincere and best wishes to his family and friends on such sad news. And to Del and those at the RDAA. The Lower Benyons will be very odd without him, very odd - he was always there and must have loved that place - as do I. Rest in peace.

Be safe out there.

Nick

Back