• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sad news....is this the same Steve from Here?

As Nick says, it was ominous seeing this thread go to the top. I think we all expected this dreadful news but it doesn't make it any easier. Condolences to Steve's family at such a traumatic time for them.

I was in shock when I posted earlier, just want to add my own condolences to Steve's family and close friends, very, very sad day, Rest in Peace Steve.

Very very sad, my condolences to his family. I don't really post here but can I make a suggestion and ask Andy Frances to post steves picture on the home page as one, a homage or respect to him and B a reminder to us all that the banks can be deadly at times. It is dwadly the ever pursuit of the bigger barbel. Steve I didn't know you but wherever you are may your string be pulled.

Horrible news, may you rest in peace. Condolences with his family!!!!

Very very sad, my condolences to his family. I don't really post here but can I make a suggestion and ask Andy Frances to post steves picture on the home page as one, a homage or respect to him and B a reminder to us all that the banks can be deadly at times. It is dwadly the ever pursuit of the bigger barbel. Steve I didn't know you but wherever you are may your string be pulled.

Nice idea Nick

Nice bloke and dedicated angler .... at least he passed on in a place that he loved doing what he wanted to do . RIP Steve:(

Really sad news ,which was expected . RIP ,Steve .

Perhaps folk might think on whether catching a fish is always worth it ,and flooded ,winter rivers are very dangerous places.

Exactly Chris, like I say what price is the price for barbel stardom. I truly truly hope that Steve was fighting his biggest catch yet. Be safe every one be careful.

Oh dear, was hoping for a different outcome. Sad news indeed, condolences to his family.

Bizarrely I didn't meet Steve through fishing but by being recommended by his daughter to do some decorating work for him and his wife.It didn't take long to find out he was also an angler, a mad keen angler like myself and spent long periods talking fishing when I should have been working :).I'd just finished a small job for them a few days before he went missing so it was such a shock to see his picture plastered over the net as a missing person.So tragic from beginning to end, rest in peace Steve and sincerest condolences to his family.

Back