• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rod repair

Mark

Can't comment on Greys barbel rods but I had a days casting tuition in March with Mark Hutchinson who said that at one of his teaching sessions the group turned up with mainly Greys carp rods and all but one snapped during the day. I think he said 10 or 11 of them went 'bang' but the one that was left was indestructable......

Sam

Bargain second hand Drennan Barbel rod on the classifieds.....and not a million miles from you either ;)

Thanks for the heads up but i won't be buying a replacement until i've been paid at the end of september. just out of interest do drennan do a 3 piece rod ?

The problem with Greys is that their rods are now manufactured in China, quality went downhill with all their rods and regardless of type they all seem to snap on a regular basis, im not bias either as i have 3 X-flight +50 carp rods and i do get nervous on a big chuck.

Back