• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rod repair

If it's less than 3 years old, Korum will normally replace any broken section for £20 including postage.

If you want to take your barbel for the pot, you'll need to buy a priest as hitting them over the head with your rod will lead to problems :eek::D

If it's less than 3 years old, Korum will normally replace any broken section for £20 including postage.

If you want to take your barbel for the pot, you'll need to buy a priest as hitting them over the head with your rod will lead to problems :eek::D

as angry as i was no harm came to the little b****** :eek: my girlfriend brought me the rod for xmas a couple years ago but by the time i had it, it was past the 30 day reg period. luckily my power float is registered if anything every happens to that !!

Sam,

Don't worry about the registration, just follow the process and send it off, they will replace it.

Phone them up Sam, they're in Telford, I'm sure given the circumstances, it being a Christmas present and all that, they will honour the guarantee.

I have repaired broken rods in the past using lengths of fiberglass pole, sections of solid glass cut from a donkey top (anyone remember them?) and even in one case a nail, that started as a temporary repair but lasted several years until I replaced the rod.
In most cases the important thing is getting the whipping right and making sure it extends well beyond the repair both up and down.
Rods which are broken on a ring are easy to fix and the repair is often invisible to the casual observer.

i'll give them a ring tomorrow, don't really want to saw it up to be told "we won't replace it". better to be sure. it's been a great rod and if i fished with 2 rods i would buy a second in a heartbeat. just hope their customer service is as good :)

Not the 'Broken Rod' thread again, so boring :D Surely if you visited your local tackle shop they'd be able to put you right or you could ask Steve, Deano or CG!! Touché I do believe. :p

Not the 'Broken Rod' thread again, so boring :D Surely if you visited your local tackle shop they'd be able to put you right or you could ask Steve, Deano or CG!! Touché I do believe. :p

Local tackle shop repaired a rod for me once and didn't do a great job. Steve repaired a rod for me before and did a good job and has offered to fix this one if i don't have any luck with Korum. Also if you look i was arsed to look online for ways to repair it rather than just ask here :) Back to you :)

Last edited:

What the hell have I got to do with it?

Though if you're asking, contact the manufacturer if nothing comes of that, if a replacement can be bought cheaply, if not scrap it and buy a new rod.

What the hell have I got to do with it?

Though if you're asking, contact the manufacturer if nothing comes of that, if a replacement can be bought cheaply, if not scrap it and buy a new rod.

It's because i said you'd given me some good advice CG on another thread

Was it a Greys rod by any chance Sam?
Hi Mark why do you ask if the rod was a greys as yesterday i broke my greys 12ft X-flite 1.5/2lbs feeder tip section about 6ins from the tip is this a common problem with them? any help would be great.

cheers Nigel

Back