• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod license due Tomorrow

As it now runs from when you buy it, i'm not buying mine till the day before my next outing. :) Online, print receipt off. :)

Did mine online last week, a very quick and simple process and got the licence 6 days later, sorted!

Mmmmm! Paid for mine on the 18th March, got email but no licence yet!! Don't know why it should bother me, I've not been checked for years but I do like to have that little card in my permit wallet

I also have been getting mine by DD for a number of years and have never had a problem until this year which I accept is principally down to admin problems caused by this years changes.
I will certainly not be cancelling my DD as this is the first time I have not received my licence on time and with or without this years licence I shall continue to fish and have last years with me which incidentally folks has your unique individual licence number on it so no need to request it from the EA, just show last years licence and proof of ID;)

incidentally folks has your unique individual licence number on it so no need to request it from the EA, just show last years licence and proof of ID;)

Not in my case I'm afraid, I too have been paying by DD for years, I still have my last four licences, the numbers are completely different on each one.

As it now runs from when you buy it, i'm not buying mine till the day before my next outing. :) Online, print receipt off. :)
Yep its a great improvement !

and I will be doing the same the email confirmation is valid for 28 days so nothing to worry about

I applied for mine online on the 26th March, and printed out the confirmation, I have been fishing a couple of times but nobody was bothered or even asked for a look at my EA licence, even at Ladybower Reservoir, which is one place I thought I would have been asked if anywhere.
Anyway, the licence came today, so only an 11 day wait. Not bad really.

Dave

Funny how they are all being received this week when some were ordered weeks ago and others only a few days !

I spoke to the EA yesterday as I am moving home this week. They said that there had been problems with the printers which had caused the delays but they are being sent out.

Why the hell don't they give us a proper piece of plastic with a barcode, that we can just swipe and pay with a debit/credit card?!! For thirty quid we get this slack-arsed piece of c**p.

Still waiting for mine. It's really s**t to be honest, we truly are bottom of their list despite this tax money they receive from us.
Funny that Scotland don't have one yet their waters don't appear to be suffering terribly for it.

Ordered in early March, not got mine yet either.

But I've not been asked to produce one since 1975

Also still waiting.
Had mine checked on Hants Avon last week of the season - first time for 30 years. Bit bizarre as I was fishing in middle of nowhere when two uniformed EA officers came walking across the fields. Nice chaps - apparently they cover the whole of the south-east. I want their job - no vacancies unfortunately :rolleyes:

Back