• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod license due Tomorrow

Mark Swaby

Tomorrow the new rod license is due don't get without they do seem to target people who accidentally forget this week.

If you want to go fishing you'd better have your proof of purchase, story going around that there's a delay with printing the new ones and they won't get posted until next week at best!
I pay by direct debit each year and they took my money on March 1st, same thing happened three years ago and it was May before I got mine then.

Just realised I don't have mine yet, wondering if I've still got confirmation letter or email as do mine by dd each year.

Thanks for flagging this up gents, same here, my DD payment went out 1st March but not yet in receipt of licence. Just printed off my bank statement showing the DD, hopefully that will suffice for now, in the meantime a snotty e-mail on its way to the EA.

Done mine online 21/3 and was just wondering when it was going to turn up then i saw this and see there seems to be a bit of a problem, shouldn't expect anything else really, you just know they will cock it up when something new or changes happen.

I've no idea how they balls this up so bad every time, they obviously knew for ages they were doing these changes so should have had this planned well in advance.
Just goes to show how far down the list of priorities we are in their eyes.

If you want to go fishing you'd better have your proof of purchase, story going around that there's a delay with printing the new ones and they won't get posted until next week at best!
I pay by direct debit each year and they took my money on March 1st, same thing happened three years ago and it was May before I got mine then.

I got stop last year and asked to show my license .I left it in the motor and told them you got no chance me walking miles back to my motor. He took my name and address and got my details up straight away before getting back into his speed boat and going on his way. So I wouldn't worry too much if they not come

Just received this back from the EA, it would have been helpful if they had given me my licence number instead of having to send another e-mail to ask for it:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your recent email chasing your rod licence.

We fully expected that your licence would be with you in time for the start of the new season on 1st April, but some delay has been experienced in producing the licences. You can go fishing as long as you take some identification and the last 6 digits of your rod licence number with you. If you need us to advise you of your rod licence number, please come back to us and we will provide this for you.

We appreciate that you have paid for your rod licence in advance and apologise for this delay. We will get your printed rod licence to you as soon as we can.

Rod Licence Team

Customer Service Adviser

National Customer Contact Centre - Part of National Operations Services

Pretty poor effort. Every year there seem to be problems, particularly for anglers who have paid early! It's a good job they're not in charge of cup final tickets. :(

For those who pay for their licence online annually, it does say at the point of payment and when you get e-mailed the receipt that the order confirmation is, effectively, your licence. So if you haven't received your actual licence yet, just print off the confirmation or receipt and you'll be covered whatever happens, even if an inspecting officer isn't as reasonable as the one in Dean Aston's example.

Your best off just going to the Post Office and buying over the counter , at least then you get a receipt which can be used as proof until your licence proper arrives

I thought this Direct Debit lark was supposed to be the 'convenient way' to renew! No receipt, no licence number and no licence. It has been fine for me in previous years, if it ain't broke.......

I have got a digital copy on my phone but what a load of rubbish.

Why cant they just send the books to the post office like they used to?

Walk in and buy one and actually have it in your hand as you walk out.

Does anyone actually think the digital world works better than face to face customer service? Cheaper don't mean better.

I seem to have lost (thrown away, deleted) my email and/or letter of confirmation. Looks like a phone call is on the cards just to check it is on its way.

If you have paid and have proof of identity on you the EA officers can check it on their hand held computers, happened to me when I forgot to take it to the Severn.

Just done mine, seems ok to me.

Got two emails back within a minute, one from Worldpay to confirm payment and one from the EA to confirm my successful licence application and my licence number. The email states that I can print off the email and use it as proof of licence providing I have some ID with me. Job done.

I like the fact you can now put a start date on your licence, particularly useful for those that don't fish the close season.

I think that's the way to go Joe, I'm cancelling my Direct Debit and will buy online in future years.

Hi men ,

Did mine at the weekend online . Got the confirmation email up on my phone , then just screen shot it , then its always in the gallery , easy .

£45 made my bank balance wince a bit though :eek: :eek:

Hatter

Does anyone actually think the digital world works better than face to face customer service?

In this instance, yes! The three post offices I'm near at home and work are basically no-go zones from the minute they open until the minute they close. Minimum 20 minute wait no matter what time of day, usually more like 25 to 30. Being able to buy the licence online is a godsend in my opinion, even if it's not perfect. The one thing I always used to dread was having to wait in the PO queue.

Back