• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

A few nice roach today with 3 well over the lb and one looking a good 2lb but foul hooked so not weighed!.

Nice perch around 3lb as well but a better one lost!

Mike Hodgkiss wrote that he would rather catch a 5oz gudgeon than a 3lb roach, well so would I .

My current quest is for a 3oz gudgeon from a tiny stream. I know they are there but in the interim I have caught fin prefect roach of between 6ozs and a pound. The stream is no more than four feet wide and two foot deep. Boyhood Dreams!

Hugo

Just done 2 nights on a local stillwater that never fished before had 20 roach nothing under 12oz unfortunately nothing bigger than 1lb 2oz but will be back and happy with result so far given temp dropped to minus 7 last night and still got bites

Just finished reading Big Roach by Mark Wintle and can thoroughly recommend and it really makes you wanna go for it

Not sure if I wholeheartedly go along with that. Ask where the roach have gone on the Ouse, Hants Avon, D Stour and others, the only answer is dressed in black.
Have the cormorants by-passed the Wensum?

Fulfilled my longest standing angling target in the sunshine yesterday, the proper way.

IMG_1163-1.jpg

2lb 5oz.

Fought as hard as a tench of similar size.

Now for one from a river ;)

Well Done Graham. Thats one I am still trying for...longest standing as well.

I have had about 8 between 1lb 12 and 1lb 15! Thats why I was so upset of losing the BIG one at britford.

That looks a cracker and caught on the float I guess.

Brill

Last edited:
One of the best days roach fishing for me today since those magic Kennet days circa 1970!

Over 80 roach with just a couple below 6oz and a dozen over the 1lb. Best weighed at 1lb 9oz.

They fed non stop from start at 9.30am to packing up at 7.30pm. Brilliant day.

Graham

Last edited:
One of the best days roach fishing for me since those magic Kennet days circa 1970!

Over 80 roach with just a couple below 6oz and a dozen over the 1lb. Best weighed at 1lb 9oz.

They fed non stop from start at 9.30am to packing up at 7.30pm. Brilliant day.

Graham

Shame i had to work :rolleyes:

Next time.....

Nathan
The roach. Yes today, on hemp and caster, Wasn't very clear in report. Changed it.

Last edited:
Back