• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

Bang on Keith...you finally got the three you have tried so long and hard for. I dare say the banter between you and master Currell has now reached fever pitch :D:D

Well done fella, enjoy.

Chgeers, Dave.

Keith, it's nice to see that there are times when specimen fish are caught by those who are deliberately targetting them. Fantastic!

He did not believe me at first, then being Dave he wanted a full account of the day conditions, how the water was running, how much feed I used , how I set up the tackle, where I hooked it, how it fought and any other information that might give him an edge next time out!

He was also genuinely pleased for me and was keen to see the pictures.

It was last week that he would not take my calls, but that probably had more to do with the Arsenal Tottingham result, Dave was poorly brought up and so bats for the wrong team:D

Cracking Roach !! Dance a jig ?? I'd be doing a bloody breakdance right there !!
3lb Roach are like rocking horse poo !!

Hmmmm!

Dave get beers in?:eek:

What an interesting concept!!

I'm seeing him tonight, I simply must mention it to him.

I shall pass on his comments:p

I have been fishing a small commercial which I am told has some 2lb + roach.
Trouble is there are loads and loads of smaller ones also which hit anything you .
Sweetcorn catches lots of fish, but on the drop and so far nothing of any real size.
I feel a smallish hard bait is required.
What would you fellas reccomend for roach,,maize for example,banded pellet,mini boilie ??

There are carp,tench,rudd,perch and even some barbel in the lake but I am aiming for a decent roach,,,nobody else fishes for them.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Mark.
Use pieces of cooked prawn. Use maggs with hemp as feed but use a lager piece of prawn on a size 14.
Feeding some bits. I use about 2 x 8oz packs a day
You will get other fish especially carp and perch but also the bigger roach.

Back