• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

One thing I will say is that 2lb 11oz Roach are much rarer than 10lb Barbel, even these days.......No comparison IMHO !!! Stunning fish !!!

Now that's what you call a lump !

To catch a big redfin of that size from a river, is a real acheivement :cool:

Well done on your catch Keith

Thanks chaps.
It came from a swim that you know Nathan.

Much as I enjoy catching large Barbel, Roach like that are my favourite quarry, Dave Currell and I have both been after a "3" for years.
We have travelled thousands of miles and spent a small fortune to no avail.

I phoned him up just after I had that one, he said:-

"If you are phoning to tell me you've had a "3", I will come up there and kick you right in the *******!!"

If I remember rightly, I said something similar when he phoned to tell me that he had a 20lb Barbel!!!

A fun days fishing at Testwood today with Tim Lennon and Steve Double, despite the wind. Roach were proving elusive but we managed one of around 1lb 6. The trout, bream and grayling kept the float dipping and the quiver tips bouncing. Smashing place to fish.

Fishing was a bit harder today, only the three Roach, 2 at a pound each and this one at 3lb-0oz.

Only took 40 years!!

Yes Howard it was on the float, Stick and pin!

Single Maggot on a 18, Cass is right I did do a little dance on the bank, bloke fishing upstream of me thought I had gone bonkers and I am still on cloud nine.

Stroller, I dooooo hope there is NOT a video, if there is, I pray you do not ever get hold of it!!

It's like scoring the winning goal for Arsenal in a cup final!!

Only better:):):):):):)

Last edited:
Yes Howard it was on the float, Stick and pin!

Single Maggot on a 18, Cass is right I did do a little dance on the bank, bloke fishing upstream of me thought I had gone bonkers and I am still on cloud nine.

Stroller, I dooooo hope there is NOT a video, if there is, I pray you do not ever get hold of it!!

It's like scoring the winning goal for Arsenal in a cup final!!

Only better:):):):):):)

Sounds like this quest has the makings of an excellent article......

Back