• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

Howard. Fantastic catch.

Steve
I reckon a few of us BFW's should pop down to Britford (not where i went!) early November for a day or two.

Anyone interested send a pm and we will try to set up a midweek date.

Graham

Excellent catches guys - this is what we need - a bit of encouragement! I'll be out next week some time & have my eye on a few swims on a Thames trib - will report back! Would absolutely love a 1 and a 2 would be unthinkable, but have seen 1 big 1 there.

Congratulations Graham! Well deserved, but you must have wondered if it would ever happen. I'd fancy a return to Britford but after some expensive and mostly fruitless forages to the south of England, I think I'm going to concentrate on local waters for a while.

Nice one Graham proper fish.

Thanks again fellow anglers. It was a possibly never to be repeated days fishing that will remain in the brain cells forever, or until dementia sets in.:eek:

Graham

Graham

Well done on the roach. Dave and I will be in touch when conditions have improved [colder and coloured water] and you must join us for a trip or two [locally and distance]. Don't say 'a never to be repeated day' as I hope to improve it for you

Take care

Mike

Mike. For the pleasure of fishing with you and Dave I don't really care what we catch.

Let me know please.

It will be a wonderful experience.

Graham

Very enjoyable 2 days at Britford with some Pals.

Must had over 80 dace, including some crackers, quite a few smaller roach 4 - 8 oz but the river came good last 2 hours today with some cracking roach over the lb the best
1lb.9oz but looking bigger!!!!!

Graham.

Last edited:
Another great day at Britford last thursday, liquidised bread with bread punch on the hook, a big 6 gram float,35 roach, 9 over 1lb , 2 pike,6 dace and a bream.Sadly an absolute monster roach snagged me and got off. Would have caught more if i did not keep returning them. A lad came back early saying he was knackered, he had caught 102 dace.What a silverfish fishery.

Oh to live in the Salisbury area instead of 90 miles away.It just shows what good quality water, a quality bailiff and good fishery policy does.

I love Britford !! It's by no means an easy water and the conditions need to be right (I've fished it when it's been HARD), but it is a fascinating place and really does have something for most anglers.................

Another great day at Britford last thursday, liquidised bread with bread punch on the hook, a big 6 gram float,35 roach, 9 over 1lb , 2 pike,6 dace and a bream.Sadly an absolute monster roach snagged me and got off. Would have caught more if i did not keep returning them. A lad came back early saying he was knackered, he had caught 102 dace.What a silverfish fishery.

Hi Mark,
That lad was me ! Yeah 102 Dace in 4 hours great fun !
Well done on the Roach haul - Nice to meet you
check your inbox re message regarding Darren
Regards
Dave

Britford is one of those fisheries that we older anglers, that can trot, all gravitate to.Great talking to you David and congrats on a massive catch of dace thanks for the Message about Darren,will see you there again.

Back