• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Roach

And all for a cheap day ticket(Avon,Test or Itchen prices) or LAA season ticket, Howard. Charlie, though not a bailiff is a top old boy, who if around is always willing to point visiting anglers in the right direction He was a top match angler and really knows what he's doing.Stuart is the Official bailiff and again as you say is always there to help,especially with new visitors.

Agree about the pricing Mark and I intend to join LAA- terrific value. The fish are pressured but with over 5 miles of water I wonder how much is relatively under fished because many anglers won't enjoy the trek. Met another angler who said he had watched Charlie fish Britford in the summer with hemp- fantastic angling skill on show by all accounts.

I'll be toodling along there Saturday. Its forecast wet...very, but hoping the minimal wet stuff over the last few days and temp rise finds the fish active.

I had a 1.9 from that swim last time Howard.

Graham

Last time i was down Charlie came to see how i was getting on.My first words were ' come on Charlie what am doing wrong',his answer was 'you need a 10 gram bolo float today to get good enough Roach presentation' and he was right.

I
Windy wet main river coloured up.

Finished with about 25 dace 8 roach 2 grayling 3 chub. 1 trout. 1 gudgeon. Between the two of us.
No monsters.
Hard however 2 other anglers managed only 2 dace 1 perch all day so guess we did ok.

G

Once again my britford trip coincided with coloured water and a real push on.

Managed about a dozen roach and a dozen dace and 2 grayling but nothing over the lb.
And one chub about 3lb day one.

Day two a few dace one about 14oz and a dozen grayling plus a beautiful marked trout about 3 1/2. .

Had to move around to locate fish. Hope one more day before season end ideally better river conditions.

Just back from Ebro and conditions not good for roach, had snow melt in river when arrived then had 5 days rain…….. Once river settled a bit found some roach with biggest going 2.7, 2.6 and 2.5. Had a rudd that went 2.8oz. Was a struggle and seem to be lot more rudd around this year. Oh well, maybe back in autumn after that 3lber :)

Garry,or anyone else who has roach fished Spain, can you please tell me who you went through to fish on the Ebro,i fancy a week before the end of the year

Garry,or anyone else who has roach fished Spain, can you please tell me who you went through to fish on the Ebro,i fancy a week before the end of the year

Mark - best you pm me and we can have a chat - several things to consider!

Great day fishing on the Test with a dozen roach.

4 over 1.12 topped with a 2lb 1/2 oz red finned beauty.

Lots of brownies to 5lb couple dozen grayling to 1.8 and a 3-4lb chub.

Good going Graham,..were you on the Test today?
If so, that north westerly must have been chilly, I was freezing my nuts off just working in the garage!
2 pounder is a cracking fish.
Photo bucket was showing an error when I tried to look at the pics.

URL=http://s979.photobucket.com/user/GrahamE1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151120_113112-1_zpscdxae8jc.jpg.html]
20151120_113112-1_zpscdxae8jc.jpg
[/URL]

Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice. I have decided to switch targeting rivers for my first '2' as I am not really getting anywhere, have caught a few over 1 but nothing near 2. The only stretches I know of that hold 2s are very pressured resulting in basically having to strike it lucky for success (lost a fish at the net at Britford that was definitely a PB and looked like it could have gone 2...heartbreak, but wasn't really doing anything different to normal so didn't really learn much!).
Life is too short and I just want to see a 2lber. My question is this. I live in the Bath area and have heard that one of the BAA lakes hold good roach (over 3) but haven't heard a report of a good fish in years (have been in Australia for 5 mind!). Does anyone know if it still produces the odd fish? or any other still waters reasonably local that may be worth a bash?
I know its sensitive info but would appreciate and guidance however vague!

Back