• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rig shark tip lights.

As per Dan Es comments Gerry was thinking fast flows / flood / general tip 'nodding' would they sporadically flash red and therefore become annoying? Would be great if you could do a tip test and let us know prior to next season!
I was thinking the same, that's why I originally asked if anybody had used them,I'm guessing they can stand a bit of movement without changing to red as it looks like they are aimed at sea anglers??

As per Dan Es comments Gerry was thinking fast flows / flood / general tip 'nodding' would they sporadically flash red and therefore become annoying? Would be great if you could do a tip test and let us know prior to next season!

Hi Chris, the ones i put a link up to above, have adjustable sensitivity, there excellent, i use them on the River Mersey which has a very strong flow, they work a treat, and cheap as chips. 2 for under a fiver :)

Last edited:
Had a look at a review on YouTube and the guy said in wind they were flashing. I quite like the look of these and like that they lie flat but they look so bright that they’d annoy me. Are they only green and flash red or can you get red ones?

This is what i use on my beachcaster, same thing, green then changes to red when you get a bite. I don,t find it annoying at all, the other good thing about these, is you can adjust the sensitivity. Excellent. 👍

Used these on my Trent rods for years, AbFab tbh. The battery lasts a good season too.

Had a look at a review on YouTube and the guy said in wind they were flashing. I quite like the look of these and like that they lie flat but they look so bright that they’d annoy me. Are they only green and flash red or can you get red ones?
Looking at the website you can get either green or red as 'static' (ie on or off) or green in 'smart' which flashes red on tip movement. Both are available in USB re-chargeable or battery powered. Think I'm going for the green static re-chargeable unless Gerry informs me otherwise!

Looking at the website you can get either green or red as 'static' (ie on or off) or green in 'smart' which flashes red on tip movement. Both are available in USB re-chargeable or battery powered. Think I'm going for the green static re-chargeable unless Gerry informs me otherwise!
you may have a long wait the smart ones are on pre order ! and sadly my health not quite ready yet
but YES I 100% expect them to be way to bright out of the box
however I will just do what I did with my Mk4 tip lights I masked the tip and rattle can sprayed them with a satin black paint after a season they sometimes need doing again but small price to pay IMO

Good news and BAD NEWS
the good My Rig shark smart light combo arrived
the BAD sadly its about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike as the charger and battery`s must be for a different light they are way too small ?
so Im wondering if the Smart lights are twice the length of the normal ones ? anyway they didnt answe the phone it went to voicemail and I have sent them an email I will update you when I get a response

Mine turned up today and are on charge currently looks ok first impression.

I ordered

Rig Shark™ Red/Green Clip-on Fishing Rod Tip Light & Charger Combo × 1
Green / 1.5mm - 2.5mm

Good news and BAD NEWS
the good My Rig shark smart light combo arrived
the BAD sadly its about as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike as the charger and battery`s must be for a different light they are way too small ?
so Im wondering if the Smart lights are twice the length of the normal ones ? anyway they didnt answe the phone it went to voicemail and I have sent them an email I will update you when I get a response
you tried pushing the pointy end into the actual green/red light? mines just arrived and that works

So break away tackle ones I use with the enterprise star light adapters

These are a unit compared but will sit flat, if they don’t work out I’ll use them as sight markers when I’m out in the boat towing my lines out.

Hope it helps :)

Attachments

• 57930FC4-5002-40B6-9426-F59ED471CF26.jpeg
    57930FC4-5002-40B6-9426-F59ED471CF26.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 139
So break away tackle ones I use with the enterprise star light adapters

These are a unit compared but will sit flat, if they don’t work out I’ll use them as sight markers when I’m out in the boat towing my lines out.

Hope it helps :)
Cheers Daniel, think I'll try a couple,not that expensive if they don't work.

you tried pushing the pointy end into the actual green/red light? mines just arrived and that wor

you tried pushing the pointy end into the actual green/red light? mines just arrived and that works
DAVID ?
they are so small the battery drops in and disappears in side the
and the battery diameter is around that of a matchstick as stated they are way too small and clearly for a different light and so far they havent responded to my phone calls or email and TBH Im a bit miffed about it ok mistakes can be made but if i dont hear anthing by monday evening I will raise a case with PAYPAL

agggghhhh SO SORRY FOLKS

I am STUPID DAFT AS A BRUSH !!!!!
I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE BATTERY IN THE WRONG BLOOMING END !!
OH the shame of it
anyway I am going to put a some black shrink wrap on them just leaving the tip exposed

AND HERE IS A 10% off code SHARKOFF

agggghhhh SO SORRY FOLKS

I am STUPID DAFT AS A BRUSH !!!!!
I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE BATTERY IN THE WRONG BLOOMING END !!
OH the shame of it
anyway I am going to put a some black shrink wrap on them just leaving the tip exposed

AND HERE IS A 10% off code SHARKOFF
It's easy done!what are your impressions of them?
Thank Rob

It's easy done!what are your impressions of them?
Thank Rob
I like them !
they are bigger than I expected about 3 inches long but slim and neat so dont see a problem I have been messing around with them and they need a definite bite to change colour so I am feeling confident they will work perfectly

I like them !
they are bigger than I expected about 3 inches long but slim and neat so dont see a problem I have been messing around with them and they need a definite bite to change colour so I am feeling confident they will work perfectly
Sounds good I'll deffinanly be getting a set,thankyou

I got my smart set today,seem quite a giid thing. Iv just been playing about with them and it looks like they need quite a sharp movement to change colour and they don't stay flashing red constantly after they have changed from green,so I think you will be able to tell if it's a bite that's trigger them or not.hopefully going to a stillwater fishing on Friday so I might clip one on my feeder rod in day and judge them from that

Back