• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rig shark tip lights.

https://rigshark.co.uk/products/rig-shark™-red-clip-on-fishing-rod-tip-light-charger-combo

Copy n paste into your browser.

There you go, they look pretty good 👍.

David

https://rigshark.co.uk/products/rig-shark™-red-clip-on-fishing-rod-tip-light-charger-combo

There you go, they look pretty good 👍.

David
Cheers David,they look good but I'm just wondering if they are a bit bulky for barbel rods?look like they have been made more for sea fishing

I have been using the breakaway tackle ones these looks better ! And re chargeable @Huanzhou Zhu what diameter did you chose ? For what rods ?

1.5-2.5mm one, on my torrix and freespirt 1.75 rod.
I use korum 1.75 rods,so I'm guessing similar dimension tips.So these lights fit well and don't get in the way then?I don't mind them being bright I don't have the best night vision.Iv used the glow sticks and not got on with them.

I use the breakaway ones on the enterprise tackle beta light adapters with no issues at all and these look like they sit more low profile and better.

Has anyone ordered the Smart ones? Not sure whether flashing red on a take / tip movement would be annoying / counterproductive in reality . . .

Had the very same though so went for normal, I watch my tips but have alarms on as back up head down making a tea fall asleep that fun stuff. And with some of the rivers in flow thought it may be a little false positive but don't know :)

Has anyone ordered the Smart ones? Not sure whether flashing red on a take / tip movement would be annoying / counterproductive in reality . . .
This is what i use on my beachcaster, same thing, green then changes to red when you get a bite. I don,t find it annoying at all, the other good thing about these, is you can adjust the sensitivity. Excellent. 👍

I like them bright 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_155923_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_155923_Gallery.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 165
yes I have pre ordered the smart set if I was taking a pee or making a tea and heard a beep it would be handy to see which rod it was as often the alarms being lower are out of sight from say behind the shelter

yes I have pre ordered the smart set if I was taking a pee or making a tea and heard a beep it would be handy to see which rod it was as often the alarms being lower are out of sight from say behind the shelter
As per Dan Es comments Gerry was thinking fast flows / flood / general tip 'nodding' would they sporadically flash red and therefore become annoying? Would be great if you could do a tip test and let us know prior to next season!

Back