• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reels

Great reel for not a lot of money!!! I'm using them on a set of 10ft carp rods and had fish to over 36lb with no problems.

Great reel for not a lot of money!!! I'm using them on a set of 10ft carp rods and had fish to over 36lb with no problems.
Hi, whats the clutch like on these ?

Hi, apart from ss2600 what other quality reels are about atm ?
depends on a few things /

if you want a bait runner front or rear clutch and of course the big one your budget ?
personally I am a Shimano fan

Thunnus for me, got 6 of em, faultless imo.

and for me too - bloody brilliant in the smallest size and absolutely bulletproof

don't appear in Shimano UK but bought in the Netherlands for about £150 each delivered) but got spare spools cheaper from Shimano UK as a 'trade pack' of four spare spools (trade pack is not box etc just in plastic bag)

i've also got eight of the original Thunnus from my carp days - were sold in the UK as Big Blue Baitrunner M

and for me too - bloody brilliant in the smallest size and absolutely bulletproof

don't appear in Shimano UK but bought in the Netherlands for about £150 each delivered) but got spare spools cheaper from Shimano UK as a 'trade pack' of four spare spools (trade pack is not box etc just in plastic bag)

i've also got eight of the original Thunnus from my carp days - were sold in the UK as Big Blue Baitrunner M
And I thought I was a TT... can't fault you..

That's cheap for a Thunnus,
Must of been years ago.
just found the invoice - 22 April 2019

unfortunately the seller has none available today

could buy from the USA, but unfortunately i have found that most US stockists are not interested in selling outside of CONUS (Continental US)

Last edited:
just found the invoice - 22 April 2019

unfortunately the seller has none available today

could buy from the USA, but unfortunately i have found that most US stockists are not interested in selling outside of CONUS (Continental US)
Was that via eBay,cos any search I made they were only available from USA Germany or New Zealand

Was that via eBay,cos any search I made they were only available from USA Germany or New Zealand
no, i just searched on the net

the company i used was Nordfishing77

error in original post - Nordfishing77 is in Austria not Netherlands - my apologies

i don't use Ebay for general searches - better to go to the source if possible

you could ask Shimano Felindre as they got me the spare spools?

don't see a problem buying from Germany or New Zealand (i bought my Swazi clothing direct from Swazi in NZ and saved over half on the prices charges by Ray Mears Bushcraft)

buying from Australia is also hassle free in my experience

to best buy from the USA i suggest you find a friend who is going there for a holiday/business to bring them back for you - buy online and have delivered to their hotel - they will quibble to start with but phone and explain the situation

before Covid my friend went to the US every year for golf

hope this helps?

Last edited:
Back