• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record from the Trent?

Hi all,
Is the guy actually going to claim the record?

Rich

From what i can gather because the club has a non disclosure policy and the fact the club also runs a strict no night fishing rule he can not and will not claim the record:rolleyes::rolleyes:
It was also supposed to have been witnessed by 4 other people (one of which was the baliff, "no night fishing") but i think he must have been passing out those smokes of his:D:D

Get a nice double figure barbel hold it at arms length and get the camera close enough up to get all of the fish in. Then take a photo of the photo with a zoom lens(look at it closely). That guy has hands bigger than any prop or second row forward I have ever met.
To phrase Jim Royle 24lb my a**e.

Paul

Last edited:
I think you are all jealous, if I ever catch another 22lb plus Barbel I will keep it to myself :D

Shouldn't be drawn on this one, but I will.................I've been lucky enough to witness a 15lbs+ Barbel and I'm afraid that ain't one............

At a guess, if he's a BIG lad, I'd say 13lbs............

Not a chance!

Unless he's got the hands of an england goalkeeper.

it's a double but that's as far as i'm going with that one.

Jeff

I have a picture of the picture of the supposid 24lb 1oz Trent Fish.

I hope BFW don't mind but i have used the picture of the 15lb Ribble record for comparison as they look very simular in size.

Take a look and make your own mind up....

To make sure there is no confusion the first picture is of the Trent fish.

The fish in the second picture is far bigger.

Ramon, at last someone who undersize's there cature...35lb...Wow...I thought 41lb 8oz:D:D

I agree Mark, defo a liquorice paper rolly with the addition of a class 'A' hallucinogenic:D

David, I am sorry he is not a knuuuuub. He has previous, he claimed a 22lb fish last year!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
So lightning does strike twice! White Lightning - about 5 litres of it on top of whatever he is smoking!

Check it out Ramon - i've had a 50!

Back