• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record from the Trent?

LOL could be worse it could've been in the Sport.

Rich

I have a picture of the picture of the supposid 24lb 1oz Trent Fish.

I hope BFW don't mind but i have used the picture of the 15lb Ribble record for comparison as they look very simular in size.

Take a look and make your own mind up....

To make sure there is no confusion the first picture is of the Trent fish.

Pictures removed

Last edited:
I have a picture of the picture of the supposid 24lb 1oz Trent Fish.

I hope BFW don't mind but i have used the picture of the 15lb Ribble record for comparison as they look very simular in size.

Take a look and make your own mind up....

To make sure there is no confusion the first picture is of the Trent fish.

24lb?! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - where do these people come from?! Thanks for posting the picture Jason, made my day that has!

Is the right hand one the Ribble fish? That does look the bigger of the two quite easily.

*Edit - just read you message properly.

Al

I wasn't going to post the picture but thought "sod it", after looking through the river record section and seeing the Ribble fish (a good honest photo) i thought what the hell:D:D

I agree with Stephen, the Ribble fish looks bigger to me also......Could this be the age old "Avon Scale " problem, ie miss counting the revolutions of the scale ! ?..assuming Avons were of course used ! ? ...mind you, and I've never caught a Barbel anywhere near the size to judge, I wouldn't be convinced if you tried to tell me that the fish weighed 16lb !!....cynic...:D

Last edited:
I agree with Stephen, the Ribble fish looks bigger to me also......Could this be the age old "Avon Scale " problem, ie miss counting the revolutions of the scale ! ?..assuming Avons were of course used ! ? ...mind you, and I've never caught a Barbel anywhere near the size to judge, I wouldn't be convinced if you tried to tell me that the fish weighed 16lb !!....cynic...:D

I'd say its the age old problem of miscounting the revolutions of the scales, plus forgetting to deduce the weight of the landing net, and also standing on the fish's tail while weighing it. :rolleyes:

I'd say its the age old problem of miscounting the revolutions of the scales, plus forgetting to deduce the weight of the landing net, and also standing on the fish's tail while weighing it. :rolleyes:

LOL....Top man Chris...top man....:p

It might have looked 24lb to the guy in the picture, btw what is that he is smoking? :p

Back