• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Recommended Frozen Boilies

Another shout for GS Crab by Oxford Carp Bait. It starts life as ABS's GNZ and then it's tweaked by Ox'.

Another ABS bait, Malarkey is resold by Hampshire tackle as 'SS Crab' - it's malarky with some fishy smell and some meat flavour - have done well on that in the last year or so, when time has allowed. Available in shelflife or frozen plus paste, something for everyone in fact.

One of my winter favourites was Heathrow Baits Super Stench - was a great winter bait, sadly long gone now.

Couldn't catch a thing on Baitworks Atlantic Heat, nor Sticky's Krill....

Another shout for GS Crab by Oxford Carp Bait. It starts life as ABS's GNZ and then it's tweaked by Ox'.

Another ABS bait, Malarkey is resold by Hampshire tackle as 'SS Crab' - it's malarky with some fishy smell and some meat flavour - have done well on that in the last year or so, when time has allowed. Available in shelflife or frozen plus paste, something for everyone in fact.

One of my winter favourites was Heathrow Baits Super Stench - was a great winter bait, sadly long gone now.

A few years back my fishing mate used to use Atlantic heat - he caught plenty on it. I played about with it carp fishing and it worked instantly.

Agreed Jon, I've ditched my batch of Atlantic Heat.

Hi all
I've tried lots of different boilies, allows prefer fresh home made/frozen commercial boilies over shelf life. I think the best way to fish is to stick with one bait for a number of season, you can always tweak you hookbaits/ freebies with dips & glugs. From my experience:- Nutrabaits big fish mix, Trigger ice and of course Hi Nu Val. Dynamite Spicy Prawn & Crave. Yetaley Angling ASAP. John Baker super milk gold, but my all time favourite boilie was the original full version of Hinders Blitz! It was phenomenal - instant, long term, and selective all at the same time, on multiple venues. Now using something different but equally as good.
Regards Wayne

Hi all
I've tried lots of different boilies, allows prefer fresh home made/frozen commercial boilies over shelf life. I think the best way to fish is to stick with one bait for a number of season, you can always tweak you hookbaits/ freebies with dips & glugs. From my experience:- Nutrabaits big fish mix, Trigger ice and of course Hi Nu Val. Dynamite Spicy Prawn & Crave. Yetaley Angling ASAP. John Baker super milk gold, but my all time favourite boilie was the original full version of Hinders Blitz! It was phenomenal - instant, long term, and selective all at the same time, on multiple venues. Now using something different but equally as good.
Regards Wayne
Great shout, I started using Hinders Blitz after finishing with Maple 8.

Exactly as you describe, definitely Shaun Hodges crowning glory.

He also does ASAP and another brilliant Barbel bait call Vamp (garlic flavoured) ;)
Yes. He sells very good bait.

I used ASAP for a carp campaign and it was excellent right through the year. I wasn’t barbel fishing at the time, but the paste we had caught plenty of big chub as well.

As has been mentioned some of these baits ‘mutate’ over time with various versions sold by various manufacturers and also retailers. Needless to say some are better than others……..

Back