• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pre-baiting

last time i saw any of em was in the slaughterhouse at rompford when the told me to smell the crab flavor at about 10,000 strength, wasnt funny they used to freeze the sea baits there and loads of other stuff

Blimey John you don't half have some right geezer mates :eek:

Just wondering what these blokes put in the special 'under the counter boilies ' :confused:

Last edited:
neil i couldnt find that out when i worked for the knight family in the meat plant mate but now after my difference of opinion with cliff i reckon its in my interest not to contact them

neil i couldnt find that out when i worked for the knight family in the meat plant mate but now after my difference of opinion with cliff i reckon its in my interest not to contact them

Would be interesting though as to what went in though, but like you say you don't want to be part of the secret ingredient I suppose;)

You will know Bulls blood was a top fish attractor years ago, wonder if it was something similar?

Hi men,

John , I went to his bungerlow in the early days to pick up large bags of boilies , always thought they should be rolling their own , but Kent partials do a good job .

Hatter

Were they 'partial' to them in Kent too then Hatter :p:D

Joking aside mate, I totally agree with you about the original Grange. I never found a boilie to match it, and was devastated when it changed. Did you ever find out what the ingredient was that 'suddenly became unavailable', which was why they had to change it...or so Kevin claimed?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi men,

Dave , I was put onto it just before the release through a friend of mainline ;). I rolled my own mixing the two liquids supplied , the thick " live" liquid meant to be corn steep liqueur , much thicker than the cheap stuff supplied when people jumped on the wagon . The thin clear liquid added in drops was , I was told , a protein splitting liquid . The effect of one on the other added to the base mix was awesome , simply the best boillie by a country mile . I then started to buy it ready rolled by them, picking it up from a bungalow . I was not told what as not available from the original components ,I hear it could be the quality CSL , but when I tried to buy the base mix / liquids it was not available :( , shame as I loved it .

Hatter

Last edited:
i dont know if things have changed now but one time they only used the best to enhance and flavour them, that smallish bottle of crab i spoke of cost thousands and it wasnt big bottle:eek:

Back